Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmflapem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
This happens to me every single time I unlock the device after a while. Initially, I can't get the five finger close gesture to work but if I make four-finger swipe up gesture on the home screen, then, five finger gesture starts working again.
Clearly, this is not a defect with the device because five finger gesture works very well once I get it working again. It's like my ipad has a Parkinson's disease..

Does anyone have this problem as well? I think this problem came up after I upgraded my ios a few days ago

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I used to have this happen from time to time but since I updated to iOS 8.1.1 I haven't had it happen. Now, it's only been a few days since the update and some other folks claim it still happens so it's a known issue.

I'm hoping it's fixed but it appears that it's not. Have to wait for the next update and they'll hopefully take care of it.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
If you haven't already, try three fingers and a thumb. I just seem to naturally end up using that gesture more often than not.

The only problem I've seen, which seems to be fixed for me in iOS 8.1.1, is losing the setting for Multitasking Gestures (gets set to disabled). The "fix" is to disable, then re-enable it. (Settings > General > Multitasking Gestures.)

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
Just to be clear. This is not an iPad Air 2 specific problem. It's an iOS problem. The Air 2 has been getting enough criticism here in the forums. :)

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
On my Air 1, it stopped doing this after 8.1.1. Prior to that I had to turn gestures off, then on again to get it working once it had stopped. The one finger left to right swipe sometimes won't work at all, though.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Your welcome......seriously. I had 4 or 5 calls in December with them. Did 2 videos to send to the engineers and they finally said they started working on it a few weeks ago. I narrowed it down to a rotation issue during certain situations that I documented on my iPhone. It had to do with if you set your iPad down in one orientation like landscape. Then picked it up in portrait BEFORE waking it up, gestures quit working. Weird. But I expect my QC check in the mail since it took JOE CONSUMER to figure it out. Hehehe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.