Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsGF50

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Hello...I have had the iPad Mini Retina since launch but now that the new one is to come out in a few months I was thinking about selling it to buy the upcoming iPad Mini 3. Do you guys think it would be worth it?:apple:

Carlosgomes

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2013
Hello...I have had the iPad Mini Retina since launch but now that the new one is to come out in a few months I was thinking about selling it to buy the upcoming iPad Mini 3. Do you guys think it would be worth it?:apple:

If you can afford it like a baws, go ahead, but the iPad Mini Retina is a pretty sweet device AND it's a really recent model.
The great thing about Apple devices, in my opinion, is that they last. Not only they don't die on you, but they can be used without making you feel like a caveman.
My iPad 3 is two years old (I think) and the only thing I don't like about it, when compared to the new ones, is the weight. Battery is still awesome, performance still great.

andrewsGF50

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Thanks! I don't really have much money Somali think I will wait for the 4th gen iPad mini as my Retina Mini is in perfect new and working condition. Not many things will change for the 3rd gen anyway. I can save up money until then. Also, I will get an iPhone 6. :cool::cool::D:apple::rolleyes:

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Thanks! I don't really have much money Somali think I will wait for the 4th gen iPad mini as my Retina Mini is in perfect new and working condition. Not many things will change for the 3rd gen anyway. I can save up money until then. Also, I will get an iPhone 6. :cool::cool::D:apple::rolleyes:

I would keep the retina mini, that thing will be good to go for many years to come!

Nor'easter

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
No way I would upgrade in your position, sometime next year at the same price point you will see a new mini with way more power and a much better display. Personally I just bought a mini retina to replace my iPad 3. The A7 chip will be a great performer for at least another year imo.

Consider when retina mini dropped it had same chip as new iPad air. In contrast mini 3 is 1.5 generations behind new air, and a generation behind new phone. Weakest update I've ever seen in the iPad/iphone realm.

andrewsGF50

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
No way I would upgrade in your position, sometime next year at the same price point you will see a new mini with way more power and a much better display. Personally I just bought a mini retina to replace my iPad 3. The A7 chip will be a great performer for at least another year imo.

Consider when retina mini dropped it had same chip as new iPad air. In contrast mini 3 is 1.5 generations behind new air, and a generation behind new phone. Weakest update I've ever seen in the iPad/iphone realm.

Thanks for the great advice but you are a little too late...I have sold my iPad mini 2 for $407 on eBay and bought a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus. I'm happy with it. Personally, I am glad I did this because the weak upgrade Apple did suggests they will discontinue the iPad mini upgrade...

Nor'easter

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for the great advice but you are a little too late...I have sold my iPad mini 2 for $407 on eBay and bought a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus. I'm happy with it. Personally, I am glad I did this because the weak upgrade Apple did suggests they will discontinue the iPad mini upgrade...

Right didn't notice the date of your post.. I wouldn't count out the mini, it has a sweet spot and I believe the retina will become the base model while a new gen will adopt the display tech of the air 2.

Sounds like you've made a great choice with the 6 plus though cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.