Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DorisDee

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
I use US Global Mail instead

tried MyUS a while ago but the customer service their sucked. plus they added a whole bunch of little fees on my bill which were not shown upfront.
switched to usglobal mail and have been a happy camper since. they let me see photos of all my boxes for free (unlike myus and bongo) and i feel much better seeing that box from Apple is there in my box.

plus i can write my own customs declarations- which is a huge help with custom duties.

i have been using them for 2 yrs now and have been happy with the service.
HTH.

----------

who know about http://www.nybox.com ?
i have buy item about 664$
this website is safe or scam?

never heard of them. i would use a reputable site only. check BBB ratings.
i use usglobalmail.com and they have an A+ rating. and they work out well for me.

jason.l.t.

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2014
Bongo sucks big time...

I've been a loyal Bongo customer for up to 3 years now.
But after the first year of excellent service, it just started to go downhill from there onwards, year after year.

I'm a frequent and heavy shopper and has shipped tons of stuffs from US to Malaysia.

First case, they lost my item in my inventory.
Second case, (and up until now too) they seem to not know how to ship in appropriate box sizes. One time, my box is so long and big some more, that it got damaged and an item inside was missing.

Most recent one was, they did not inform me about my items being in storage for slightly longer, and they decided to purge all my items without my knowledge, resulting in me losing US$1,000 worth of goods in my inventory. They will not reimburse me a single cent or even some compensation, because of their failure to send out a warning email to inform me of the situation before they decided to empty my inventory, 3/4 of it were cleared out by them. What an ass!!!

They used to inform me before, last year, about items being in inventory, after the free 21 days storage, they sent me an email warning, in which i promptly address it and have all my items shipped out, before they decided to discard everything off my inventory.

I paid US$15 every month for a better service at least. I will be changing forwarding agent very soon. And I definitely do not recommend Bongo to anyone wishing to join. I agree to other people's comments too. They are lousy and charges very expensive too.

Barney63

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Bolton, UK.
If you use one of these services, do you have to pay any sales tax on a rMBP or do you just pay what it shows in the online store?

Barney

Barney63

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Bolton, UK.
I understand the MyUS fees, what I want to know is do Apple just charge $2699 for the rMBP or is it $2600 + sales tax?
How much is the sales tax?

Barney

happysteph321

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2014
As many others have said, I used MyUS but after a while service got worse.

Recently I used myMallBox.com to ship shirts for my sister. I think they were pretty new at the time but the customer service wasn't bad and the shipping prices were low.

rchamb

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2013
sales tax questions

I understand the MyUS fees, what I want to know is do Apple just charge $2699 for the rMBP or is it $2600 + sales tax?
How much is the sales tax?

Barney

Sales tax will depend on where you have it shipped int the U.S.

I just ordered an iPhone 6 and didn't pay U.S. sales tax.. That is with Stackry..

0ocheo0

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Possibly the WORST experience with MyUs.com

I purchased a hat(about $40) from retailer in US and they recommended MyUs.com for shipping destination service provider so that I can receive my purchase to where I live in which is Toronto, Canada. I had to pay $10 to have an account with them. I, however, requested return the item back to sender as soon as realized that I ordered the wrong size. They seemed like they care about my request. They asked for return shipping label and all that. It, however, turned out disastrous.

Here are few reasons I DO NOT recommend MyUs.com;

First, they do not care about your request.
They did not return the item back to sender but send it to me and charged more than $80. I sent them an email asking can they return the item back to retailer in US if I don't collect the item. They did not respond until UPS send it back to Myus.com.

Second, it seems that their workers don't communicate at all. They send reply by several individuals and they request same information multiple times which leads to confusion and wasting time.

Third, they try to take an advantage of customer by threatening for more charges.
After a long wait, their email suggestion was arrived and it was ridiculous. They suggest me to receive the item otherwise I'll be charged for return shipping as well.

Last but not least, they do not inform you before you are in trouble.
Following are part of their response regarding my case.

"I do apologize that you were not informed of this when you were spoken with before."

"I do apologize that when you spoke with us before that your shipping schedule was not changed to accommodate for this package needing to be returned."

So far, I paid $90 for registration fee ($10) and shipping ($80) and have to pay additional $80 for return shipping for $40 hat.

Can it be any worse than this?

I DO NOT recommend MyUs.com to be your shipping destination service period.

Erfana

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
Hows myamericanshipper?

Hi,
I have been looking for a parcel forwarding service from USA to South Asia
After doing a lot of research I found MyAmericanShipper rate to be cheapest and offers lot of free services.
Would really like to know if anyone has used it and can provide any feedback

Erfana

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
how was ur americanshipper experience ?

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd add my experiences thus far. I am a first time shipper, from Australia, and decided to do a massive Amazon order. I ended up using MyAmericanShipper.

Firstly, I'll post my DHL tracking number which shows the parcel from their Van Nuys warehouse on its way to me in Perth: 9970259622.

Hopefully this will shed some authenticity on my review.

So anyway, the Kindle Paperwhite was announced and since it wouldn't be in Australia for some time, I decided to order one. Since consolidated shipping becomes cheaper with more items, that one eventually became 5, with two Kindle cases, three PS3 games and Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition (big box).

I choice MAS because they didn't have monthly commitments or consolidation charges. I admit, my first impressions of them were bad. The first PS3 game came, they charged it 2lbs (~$25). The the Resistance package came, which they charged a massive 13 lbs (~$75). By now, I was regretting my choice, but soon all the Kindles started arriving and although they were still over-weighing my items, the shipping cost jumped less and less. After consolidation, it was about $170 in total (33 lbs), and after a once-off 35% discount (first shipment), came down to $110. Although everything was overweighed, I was resigned to the fact it wasn't "that" bad.

So I process my whole order to ship, and imagine my surprise when they reweigh everything, and only charge me for 17 lbs! After the 35% discount, it only cost me $58.00 to ship 5 Kindles, a big PS3 shooter kit, cases and games! So, now it's on its way to me in Perth.

Obviously, I can't pass full judgement until I receive it, but so far, I am very happy. They are also fast to respond to my many requests (I complained several times about overweighing, they told me patiently they would re-assess it before shipping, but I didn't believe it). The only criticism I have at the moment is that they are a bit slow to add your item to your order after they've received it (a day or more), and the photos they give (which is a good service for free) of each item is very low-res.

Their customer service is quite good. They have local numbers to call from some countries (i.e. Australia) so it was only a local call cost for me to phone them. Today, at 6am my time (3pm their time), I noticed my order said "payment awaiting" and wasn't shipping. I phoned them and asked them to manually charge my card and ship, which they did! The parcel left an hour later and is now en-route. I'm glad they were able to listen to me and get my parcel out before the weekend. Expected delivery Wed 31/10 :)

Attached is a screenshot of my final order summary. http://tinypic.com/r/qwzfhy/6

If my item comes packaged well, and hopefully on time, then kudos to them.

I know it's an old post but if you are still linked to this forum pls shed light on this

VykingShip

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2014
Hi,
I have been looking for a parcel forwarding service from USA to South Asia
After doing a lot of research I found MyAmericanShipper rate to be cheapest and offers lot of free services.
Would really like to know if anyone has used it and can provide any feedback

Full Disclosure: I work at VykingShip

They do have some good DHL rates, but keep in mind that you will also face higher Duties and Taxes using DHL than USPS. More often than you would think, packages shipped by USPS fly under the radar and no Duties are charged them.

So if you want to compare their USPS rates I think you will find they are higher than some other companies although not as high as some others. This is likely because they are adding extra to their USPS rates to cover some of those "Free" services they offer.

Be especially diligent when researching companies that make it sound like everything is free. Nothing is truly free: supplies, employee wages, utilities, etc all cost money - and they need to make money on top of that - usually profit comes in the form of hidden fees and highly hiked postage rates. I cannot say if they have any hidden fees but as I mentioned, their postage has been hiked a little bit.

Erfana

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
Full Disclosure: I work at VykingShip

They do have some good DHL rates, but keep in mind that you will also face higher Duties and Taxes using DHL than USPS. More often than you would think, packages shipped by USPS fly under the radar and no Duties are charged them.

So if you want to compare their USPS rates I think you will find they are higher than some other companies although not as high as some others. This is likely because they are adding extra to their USPS rates to cover some of those "Free" services they offer.

Be especially diligent when researching companies that make it sound like everything is free. Nothing is truly free: supplies, employee wages, utilities, etc all cost money - and they need to make money on top of that - usually profit comes in the form of hidden fees and highly hiked postage rates. I cannot say if they have any hidden fees but as I mentioned, their postage has been hiked a little bit.

Thanz a lot for your reply.
Currently I am using BoxHop , I found them to be the cheapest , I asked several questions beforehand to make sure what are the extra fees , so far so good but I will have my first shipment soon then I can say better about it.

Erfana

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
BoxHop

I have started using Boxhop after analyzing a lot and researching on different forwarding services . So I would like to write down the pros and cons of BoxHop
Pros :
1. cheap shipping
2. No consolidation fee
3. No monthly fee for 1 year
4. Allows Credit card payment
Cons :
1. Extremely slow response from support system
2. Very slow in shipping process , it took 7 days from my shipping instruction to start shipping.
3. You cant modify declared value
4. The website is not very friendly and you cant see your old shipping or many other useful information
5. There is only 1 contact process and that is through their contact form , No live chat or phone number is provided on the site.
6. Most of the times the customer support cant resolve issues.

Overall :
I am so far ok with their service . At this price probably I cant expect anything better.

If anyone is interested of using BoxHop pls use the following link , it will give u 15 usd off from ur first shipment :)

URL:https://www.boxhop.com/invite/001600000168jCw

----------

Any reliable websites to ship from the UK to India?

Try Boxhop , I am using them , they are cheap , slow but reliable :)
if you are interested you can use the following link , it will give ue $15 off from ur first shipment

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
I have started using Boxhop after analyzing a lot and researching on different forwarding services . So I would like to write down the pros and cons of BoxHop
Pros :
1. cheap shipping
2. No consolidation fee
3. No monthly fee for 1 year
4. Allows Credit card payment
Cons :
1. Extremely slow response from support system
2. Very slow in shipping process , it took 7 days from my shipping instruction to start shipping.
3. You cant modify declared value
4. The website is not very friendly and you cant see your old shipping or many other useful information
5. There is only 1 contact process and that is through their contact form , No live chat or phone number is provided on the site.
6. Most of the times the customer support cant resolve issues.

Overall :
I am so far ok with their service . At this price probably I cant expect anything better.

If anyone is interested of using BoxHop pls use the following link , it will give u 15 usd off from ur first shipment :)

----------

Try Boxhop , I am using them , they are cheap , slow but reliable :)
if you are interested you can use the following link , it will give ue $15 off from ur first shipment

Thanks... :) I'll keep it i mind next time... :)

Roseseven

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2015
alternative use USGlobalmail.com

I've read a lot of comparisons but why not try US Global mail? I have found their rates better, no hidden fees and really great to work with.

Erfana

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
BoxHop I have started using Boxhop after analyzing a lot and researching on different forwarding services . So I would like to write down the pros and cons of BoxHop Pros : 1. cheap shipping 2. No consolidation fee 3. No monthly fee for 1 year 4. Allows Credit card payment Cons : 1. Extremely slow response from support system 2. Very slow in shipping process , it took 7 days from my shipping instruction to start shipping. 3. You cant modify declared value 4. The website is not very friendly and you cant see your old shipping or many other useful information 5. There is only 1 contact process and that is through their contact form , No live chat or phone number is provided on the site. 6. Most of the times the customer support cant resolve issues. Overall : I am so far ok with their service . At this price probably I cant expect anything better. If anyone is interested of using BoxHop pls use the following link , it will give u 15 usd off from ur first shipment :) URL:https://www.boxhop.com/invite/001600000168jCw ---------- Try Boxhop , I am using them , they are cheap , slow but reliable :) if you are interested you can use the following link , it will give ue $15 off from ur first shipment URL:https://www.boxhop.com/invite/001600000168jCw
Thanks... :) I'll keep it i mind next time... :)

Hi,

This is an updated post to share my experience with Boxhop after using their service 6 times .I use Boxhop to ship around 20lb(volumetric) items together . At first when I started working with them their rate and service was ok. But as time passes they started charging me a lot more than expected by overweighing my items .

Last time my volumetric weight was 22 lb but they showed that my actual weight is 44 lb which is higher than volumetric weight and charged me 258usd for 44lb .But according to my experience it’s not possible unless I ship heavyweight small stones , as the volumetric weight is just half of the actual weight. Generally volumetric weight is higher than actual weight.

They took 17 days(on the site they claim 24 to 48 hours !! In my case I started calling them every day after 10th day is passed and at the end they could make it on 17th day) to do a shipment after I place the order and they used some lousy DHL plan to reduce their cost which took 10 days to reach me + 5 days for customs clearance(which is not their responsibility I know) so it took me 32 days to get my products after I placed order !!

In many of my shipments a large number of products were lost , some products were broken and few times the liquid bottle was broken hence ruining many other products.

The website provides worst user experience . If for any reason the credit card transaction fails , there is no way to retry , you have to call them(it’s a rare case they will receive the phone after u try 10 times ) then they will do the transaction and being in different time zones, another day is wasted!

They restrict almost all the items I guess !! I can understand they can’t ship perfume that’s fine , but eyelash , makeup brush , small perfume sample ,moisturizer , cream etc are also restricted .You will only find it when u buy the item and it reach them then they will mention it’s restricted and u have no other way except discarding it. Because returning the item will be charged 20usd+ return by them. According to them the items like moisturizer/cream which contains slightest amount of witch hazel/ alcohol are prohibited by DHL , though I have shipped the same items by DHL through other forwarding services. You can ask them beforehand if the item is allowed , but they will take so long to reply that ull lose interest to buy the item :p

They are extremely slow in replying any message therefore have to make international phone calls more than 10 times a month and it takes around 20-30 mins each time to resolve the issues.

They don’t allow you to declare value , therefore I started bringing items as gift , suddenly they started putting value for the items that I brought as gift .They removed the values they put only when I called them and had a long chat regarding it!! You have to put price for all the items even if it’s free sample. I don’t have any problem to admit that yes I would like to lower the value of the item that I buy , that’s none of anyone’s business(as long as I can resolve the customs issue in my country) and they should not have any problem as they will only pay me the declared value in case of insurance claim. Oh another point they have extra insurance charge on top of shipping cost depending on declared value.

So I have calculated the entire process and found out that though the price seems low at first it is almost same as any other shipping forwarding agency who charges higher.

I am badly looking for a reliable shipping forwarding service.

Last edited:

Nana.Ni

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2015
I am an American living overseas and we have been Bongo customers for 7 long miserable years now and have given them thousands of our dollars. In my eyes, a mail forwarder's job is to :

1. Stay in one place.
2. Receive my mail.
3. Forward it on to me.

Simple right? Wrong. Bongo has completely and utterly failed at all three seemingly simple objectives.

1. They move more then we do! In the 7 years that we have been customers they have moved at least 3 times. This has meant that we had to go through the trouble of changing all of our addresses on all of our accounts because they sure as heck didn't forward our mail on to their new address as one would expect mail forwarders to do.

2. In our minds, one of the main reasons to keep a US address was to receive financial correspondance in order to keep our US financial accounts going while were living overseas. Little did we know that checks and new credit cards would destroyed WITHOUT ANY SORT OF NOTIFICATION. Tax return check, gone! New credit cards, gone! Gift check from uncle, gone! When I found this out, their lackluster customer service representative's response was "didn't you read the policies?" By the way, I still have not found any place on their website where I can find this information.

Not only are checks and credit cards destroyed but ALL YOUR MAIL IS DESTROYED if it is stored there for more than 21 days WITHOUT NOTIFICATION. What the hell am I paying $30 a month for then? I was also completely unaware of this until today (when I cancelled my account). Again their lackluster customer service representative's response was "didn't you read the policies?" By the way, I still have not found any place on their website where I can find this information either.

3. IF you have any mail that has not been destroyed you will be charged ridiculous prices to have that mail forwarded to you. My last (and lightest) shipment contained about 10 pieces of paper but cost me over $50 to be sent over. Not overnight, mind you, it took something like 5 days to get to London. Absolutely ridiculous.

So, after 7 long disappointing years I can honestly tell anyone who is even thinking of opening a Bongo account. DON'T DO IT! THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR MAIL / PURCHASES / ANYTHING. Do not make the same stupid mistake I did in trusting them with my mail.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

olga_kim

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2015
So, after 7 long disappointing years I can honestly tell anyone who is even thinking of opening a Bongo account. DON'T DO IT! THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR MAIL / PURCHASES / ANYTHING. Do not make the same stupid mistake I did in trusting them with my mail.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

Hi there!

It's so sad to read such experience... What service are you using now?

Nana.Ni

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2015
Fortunately, I have a friend who has graciously offered her address but I am still searching ..

Cubi5555

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2015
Hi,

I have been a bongo customer since February 2010. At the bigining they offered great services, then the number of clientes increased and they started to expand the business, then the qualiity of services rendered started to decreased exponentialy. They have increased the volumetric weight of my shipments several times in order to overcharge me so other scam methods...

In february this year I requested them to ship a 2015 model TV which was worth over 2000 USD. I received a useless TV with a broken screen. They shipped the TV with no FRAGILE labels on it nor any sort of protection (Fedex tracking number: 780201838585).

On March 4th reported what happened and their fisrt response was like we are not paying you (even though the merchandise was covered under Bongo damage insurance). After exchanging several emails they sent me a note stating that my claim was aproved and the claim amount to be paid was $2430.27 USD. They also stated that the payment would be made via check and it could take 45 days to be processed (it was back in March).

I have been chasing them since then and now they do not even bother to reply to my emails anymore.

If you are trying to do business with these guys, PLEASE DON"T... Don't waste your Money and time with them like I did .. They are not trustworthy

Pedro (Customer number: 30697)

Erfana

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2014
I have just heard of OUTPOST SVC , they provide free address in USA, China and UK. I was wondering if any of u have used it , I would like to start working with these guys

KKell26

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2019
MyUS is the WORST possible re-shipper that I have ever encountered!

A package delivered to them on May 8, 2019 and acknowledged as having been received by them was then sent by MyUS to another person bearing the same name. I spent over 2 hours in "online chat" trying to track down package and determine next steps for remediating this issue. Their online chat script is repetitive and contains untruths, including:

- they keep saying they will escalate the issue - but won't acknowledge if they have done so. I had to spell it out in a Y or N question before they admitted that they had to go off script in order to answer my question;
- they say they have no phones - they have phones, they just choose not to communicate using them;
- they say they have no supervisor or manager - when pushed they change this to they have no one available to respond to me now;
- any escalation is met with limited email responses parroting their denial of any responsibility;
- and the list goes on....

At the end of my online chat and in my escalated email response they acknowledge that they received the package and that they sent it to someone else - but they take no responsibility for their actions. They said go back to the place you bought it from and see what they will do.

I have done that - I have contacted tradesy.com but have not yet heard back from them. I can't see tradesy.com taking responsibility for an issue of negligence on the part of MyUS - but they were the vendor who promoted using MyUS for international purchase. I'm in Canada - Toronto. Purchase was over $200 US. They have as far as I can tell refused to even contact the person who they sent the package to in error. Lack of communication is their Modus Operandi. I fully intend to take action (whatever methods available to me) to ensure that anyone using this service is aware of their horrible - well really non-existent customer service.

WARNING: DO NOT USE MyUS!!! EVER!

TerryClarke1987

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2019
MyUS is the WORST possible re-shipper that I have ever encountered!

A package delivered to them on May 8, 2019 and acknowledged as having been received by them was then sent by MyUS to another person bearing the same name. I spent over 2 hours in "online chat" trying to track down package and determine next steps for remediating this issue. Their online chat script is repetitive and contains untruths, including:

- they keep saying they will escalate the issue - but won't acknowledge if they have done so. I had to spell it out in a Y or N question before they admitted that they had to go off script in order to answer my question;
- they say they have no phones - they have phones, they just choose not to communicate using them;
- they say they have no supervisor or manager - when pushed they change this to they have no one available to respond to me now;
- any escalation is met with limited email responses parroting their denial of any responsibility;
- and the list goes on....

At the end of my online chat and in my escalated email response they acknowledge that they received the package and that they sent it to someone else - but they take no responsibility for their actions. They said go back to the place you bought it from and see what they will do.

I have done that - I have contacted tradesy.com but have not yet heard back from them. I can't see tradesy.com taking responsibility for an issue of negligence on the part of MyUS - but they were the vendor who promoted using MyUS for international purchase. I'm in Canada - Toronto. Purchase was over $200 US. They have as far as I can tell refused to even contact the person who they sent the package to in error. Lack of communication is their Modus Operandi. I fully intend to take action (whatever methods available to me) to ensure that anyone using this service is aware of their horrible - well really non-existent customer service.

WARNING: DO NOT USE MyUS!!! EVER!
I've heard that Planet Express (no, not the Futurama express :D) may be a good alternative to MyUS thanks to good customer support and low prices. Have you any experiences with them?

Cerbik

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2023
Gostaria de saber mais sobre serviços que entregam mercadorias da américa para o Brasil, pois pelo que sei o MyUS não é de muito boa qualidade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.