Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
Has anyone gotten a Siri mod to work that allows you to use hey Siri without being plugged into power?

I tried ok Siri but it doesn't work

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Cool tweak! Is there a way you can verbally unlock your iPhone using Siri?

recognizing the phrase 'hey siri' and recognizing the defining characteristics of one's voice...2 very different things.

what would you do once you verbally unlocked it? seems unnecessary...unless there was ALSO a tweak to make it physically come over to where you are when you unlock it with your voice... :D

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
recognizing the phrase 'hey siri' and recognizing the defining characteristics of one's voice...2 very different things.

what would you do once you verbally unlocked it? seems unnecessary...unless there was ALSO a tweak to make it physically come over to where you are when you unlock it with your voice... :D
I use hey Siri to open apps, but it will only do that if the phone is unlocked. Would be nice if I could just speak my lock number to unlock the phone.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I use hey Siri to open apps, but it will only do that if the phone is unlocked. Would be nice if I could just speak my lock number to unlock the phone.

you can't say 'hey siri play the radiohead album' or something? ah, well..

would still need voice recognition as opposed to phrase recognition,
and am assuming it's something to do alone at home, in which case it would be cool...

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
you can't say 'hey siri play the radiohead album' or something? ah, well..

would still need voice recognition as opposed to phrase recognition,
and am assuming it's something to do alone at home, in which case it would be cool...

There are some functions Siri will do while locked, playing music is one of them. She will also send a text and might even make a phone call (have not tried that). There are some things, like open 3rd party apps that she will not do unless your phone is unlocked.

I was thinking about in my car, I put the phone in the cradle and then use Hey Siri to open my XM app. It is not really a big deal most times I can just unlock the phone as part of installing in the car dock.

Gmcube

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
How does this not kill the battery? Doesn't this tweak mean the mic is on all the time?

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
I miss that enhanced assistant tweak for Siri. It added quite a bit of features like urban dictionary and lyrics. It hasn't been updated since iOS 6 I don't think tho.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Anyone else have the problem where Siri starts even if you don't say Hey Sir? It is picking up the TV or other people talking and responding. It has happened to me a couple of times. Not all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.