Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wicked271

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Philippines
I have a macbook air 13" (10.8.5) with an external hdd for iTunes that sync with 2 libraries (mine and my mom)

My dad has an old macbook pro with Snow Leopard and iTunes 11.2.2 installed. It sync with his iPhone 4s perfectly. Now, with a new iPhone 6 plus, it won't restore his backup to the new phone! I don't want to update his laptop as it will slow it down.

What I did was to copy his iTunes library to my external hdd and sync'd it on my laptop. Now I have 3 different libraries for 3 iPhones. I did the different libraries because we have different taste in music, videos and apps.

Will I encounter any problems with having lots of libraries and devices syncing with my laptop after awhile? My parents also have ipads that sooner or later I have to sync again to add songs/videos.

I'm looking for an app that can do a better backup/restore on iPhones aside from iTunes. Any recommendations?

I don't plan on upgrading to Yosemite yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.