Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BruceH

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2010
Using Snow Leopard and happy with that for now. Would appreciate experienced opinions regarding recommended site builder for: off-line building of several sites, looking for something that gives user better control as versus working solely within templates or being tied to a specific web host. Know zero abut "Iweb", Dreamw' C6, etc.. Any experience and advice would be truly appreciated..want to get started down the right road. Thanks

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
There are protoyping tools that also allow you to build websites with Twitter's bootstrap framework like http://www.pingendo.com/. It does give you a lot of control because you can pick each element and nest them inside each other. There's a bit of a learning curve to it. I haven't really done too much with it, except very basic prototypes, but you can certainly make websites from it, with a little knowledge in HTML.

-pete-

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
What sort of sites are you building? Do you know code? If not, are you willing to learn? Have you got an amount you want to spend?

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Using Snow Leopard and happy with that for now. Would appreciate experienced opinions regarding recommended site builder for: off-line building of several sites, looking for something that gives user better control as versus working solely within templates or being tied to a specific web host. Know zero abut "Iweb", Dreamw' C6, etc.. Any experience and advice would be truly appreciated..want to get started down the right road. Thanks
What are you asking for? I did not see a single question mark.

I understand you are using a 5 year old operating system. I don't feel comfortable recommending any software ( it will probably not work or work very poorly ).

If you are trying to learn web design and / or development, google some tutorials or grab a book from Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.