Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yes it is, the Plus easily gets a few more hours on screen time then the 6, i went from the 6 to the 6 Plus and the battery life is very noticeable(and absolutely fantastic to say the least on the Plus

----------

The Plus gets better battery life then any Android smartphone right now besides the 6 inch plus gigantic tablet smartphones Android has, and also Apple products consistently year in and out remain at top of product reliability and least likely to break/malfunction, please dont spread such terrible wrong information if it is not true in the first place, Lollipop has a ton of bugs on it right now (wifi issues, video playback issues, OK GOOGLE breaking systemwide, battery drain issues, app switcher drawer issues, flashlight issue, and more)

Too bad I havent experienced those issues on my iOS devices right? (never updated to 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 was out a few days later not even)

Sorry, who is spreading wrong information that isn't true? Neither of my iPhones have made it to the end of their 2-year contracts without breaking. That to me is poor. Also, who can tell me that iOS7 *and* iOS8 weren't buggy as HELL for months after release? iOS8 remains buggy and iOS7 took a whole YEAR to fix. They're facts I'm afraid. People talk about Android & Android handsets being diabolical and iPhones being a distinct cut above. That's bias and, I'm afraid, untrue.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Sorry, who is spreading wrong information that isn't true? Neither of my iPhones have made it to the end of their 2-year contracts without breaking. That to me is poor. Also, who can tell me that iOS7 *and* iOS8 weren't buggy as HELL for months after release? iOS8 remains buggy and iOS7 took a whole YEAR to fix. They're facts I'm afraid. People talk about Android & Android handsets being diabolical and iPhones being a distinct cut above. That's bias and, I'm afraid, untrue.

So because of your poor mishandling of your devices your going to blame it on Apple lol? Every iPhone i owned has lasted over 2 years easily and they still run fine albiet the battery capacity obviously lower from using up most of charge cycles but, they still work fine and run iOS 8 Well and fast.

IOS 8 has only been out for little over 2 months, so I dont know where your saying it took "'months " for them to "patch buggy iOS 8" , iOS 8.1 came out 1 month later and fixed a ton of things and ironed out alot, Android fanboy much?

As a whole, when you add up all OEM's that use Android and all their issues combined, it is drastically worse then Apple's issues combined(2014 Moto G having terrible memory issue problems that Motorola isn't acknowledging, and so much more)

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
So because of your poor mishandling of your devices your going to blame it on Apple lol? Every iPhone i owned has lasted over 2 years easily and they still run fine albiet the battery capacity obviously lower from using up most of charge cycles but, they still work fine and run iOS 8 Well and fast.

IOS 8 has only been out for little over 2 months, so I dont know where your saying it took "'months " for them to "patch buggy iOS 8" , iOS 8.1 came out 1 month later and fixed a ton of things and ironed out alot, Android fanboy much?

As a whole, when you add up all OEM's that use Android and all their issues combined, it is drastically worse then Apple's issues combined(2014 Moto G having terrible memory issue problems that Motorola isn't acknowledging, and so much more)

Why are you being so black & white? I'm an Android fanboy because I dare criticise iPhones? I presently own an iPhone, and my previous phone was an iPhone....so I guess that makes me an Apple fanboy.
However, I take things as I see them. Both of my iPhones have developed multiple hardware faults before they're two years old. I have never dropped them and they are babied. I will admit that I probably use them more than most folk, mine get charged two or three times per day and have a lot of screen on time. That shouldn't equate to them not lasting two years though.
Faulty home buttons, faulty screens, faulty sleep buttons, faulty volume buttons, faulty headphone jacks and numerous other faults are widespread. How can you deny they exist?
As for iOS8; it is universally accepted to be the most buggy version of iOS yet, and that's truly saying something after the dog that was iOS7. They only just got that more or less fixed before they scrapped it and moved onto iOS8.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I agree with you actually, Apple's QC is pretty bad.

IPhone 4 swapped three times within return period, same with my 4S, 19 months in my i4 lock switch broke, my 4s had a catastrophic SOC failure needed a new logic board,

My work i5c was ok, but I only had it 7 months.

My Note 2 also had its share of problems, headphone jack stopped working, and charging port failed.

Hopefully my i6+ can make it through 24 months. We'll see.

the caveman

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Back to the iPhone after years on Android

I see people at work still rocking their 3GS and 3G's and they are still usable which is a testament to Apple devices quality. Try to use hTC hero or HTC that came out back when 3 g came out.

To add to that, in still using my MBP Santa Rosa from 2007 and my iPad 2 which has been abused incessantly for three years by my kids. All those devices work like champs

That being said, I have note 4, and a long line of android devices in the past, and a big fan of both sides so not picking sides here.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I agree with you actually, Apple's QC is pretty bad.

IPhone 4 swapped three times within return period, same with my 4S, 19 months in my i4 lock switch broke, my 4s had a catastrophic SOC failure needed a new logic board,

My work i5c was ok, but I only had it 7 months.

My Note 2 also had its share of problems, headphone jack stopped working, and charging port failed.

Hopefully my i6+ can make it through 24 months. We'll see.

The 4 and 4S and 5 were known to have weakish home buttons and lock buttons, that has changed dramatically with the 5S/6, Apple fixed that issue and the lock button and home button on the 5S/6 long term durability is drastically better

mercuryjones

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2005
College Station, TX
The 4 and 4S and 5 were known to have weakish home buttons and lock buttons, that has changed dramatically with the 5S/6, Apple fixed that issue and the lock button and home button on the 5S/6 long term durability is drastically better

Weird. I've owned every iPhone since the 1G, and the only one I had to return was the 3GS, with a cracked charging port. I still have the replacement phone working as an iPod right now.
Maybe I'm just not as hard on my iPhones as other people.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I recently switched from a Galaxy Note 3 to an iPhone 6+ and I'll say while I think stock Android is my favorite mobile OS. There's just no uniformity with Android devices and most Nexus devices come with a lot of compromise. It's taking a while to train my brain to get used to iOS again after years with Android, but so far no complaints! :cool:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

How do you know? They aren't 18 months old yet...

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Why are you being so black & white? I'm an Android fanboy because I dare criticise iPhones? I presently own an iPhone, and my previous phone was an iPhone....so I guess that makes me an Apple fanboy.
However, I take things as I see them. Both of my iPhones have developed multiple hardware faults before they're two years old. I have never dropped them and they are babied. I will admit that I probably use them more than most folk, mine get charged two or three times per day and have a lot of screen on time. That shouldn't equate to them not lasting two years though.
Faulty home buttons, faulty screens, faulty sleep buttons, faulty volume buttons, faulty headphone jacks and numerous other faults are widespread. How can you deny they exist?
As for iOS8; it is universally accepted to be the most buggy version of iOS yet, and that's truly saying something after the dog that was iOS7. They only just got that more or less fixed before they scrapped it and moved onto iOS8.

My experience with iphone 4 were completely different. One original 4 lasted 3.5 years. The other two over 3 years before hardware started failing.

As for iOS 8 it is not the universally accepted truth that it is the most buggy o/s to date. In truth, every o/s release had their fair share of issues at release that Apple quickly resolved.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
My experience with iphone 4 were completely different. One original 4 lasted 3.5 years. The other two over 3 years before hardware started failing.

As for iOS 8 it is not the universally accepted truth that it is the most buggy o/s to date. In truth, every o/s release had their fair share of issues at release that Apple quickly resolved.
My Galaxy S is now 5 years old and still chugging along fine. My 3GS and 4 home button lasted less 2 years before it died. Lucky there is the floating panel otherwise they are just dead weights.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Technical issues from multiple manufacturers > a single manufacturer. You don't say? I'm learning a lot here. /s

Why is that even relevant anyway? You buy one Android smartphone, not every smartphone Android is on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.