Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
Wear it every day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 130

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
From that distance, I confess that I am unable to read the name of the brand of the watch; perhaps you could enlighten us please?

Ah, my apologies. Its a NOMOS Tangente. A part of me wonders if I should have gotten the 38 instead of 35. Everybody on WUS thinks that the 35 looks perfect though. I for one, can't shake the feeling its too small though. Hopefully this feeling goes away.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Ah, my apologies. Its a NOMOS Tangente. A part of me wonders if I should have gotten the 38 instead of 35. Everybody on WUS thinks that the 35 looks perfect though. I for one, can't shake the feeling its too small though. Hopefully this feeling goes away.

Thank you, both.

I know that the fashion these days is to wear large, sometimes monstrously so, watches on one's wrist.

However, there is a fine line between wearing something which is attractively large, and clear faced, but which is yet proportionate to the wrist of the wearer, and wearing something outsized.

In your case, while the photo you posted could have been better (in other words, while the photo could have allowed for more of the watch to be shown and given us less of the extended arm), I do get the sense that your wrist is quite narrow, hence, the watch seems perfectly proportionate to me.

Last edited:

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Thank you, both.

I know that the fashion these days is to large large, sometimes monstrously so, watches on one's wrist.

However, there is a fine line between wearing something which is attractively large, and clear faced, but which is yet proportionate to the wrist of the wearer, and wearing something outsized.

In your case, while the photo you posted could have been better (in other words, while the photo could have allowed for more of the watch to be shown and given us less of the extended arm), I do get the sense that your wrist is quite narrow, hence, the watch seems perfectly proportionate to me.

Thank you taking the time out to respond! The main reason why I had to take a picture as far as I could is because with watches, wrist shots can be misleading. When photos are taken too close, it can make the watch look larger than it truly is.

Tbh, even the phone I took, it makes the watch seem larger than it is. In real life, at least in my eyes, it feels super small. Again, im not sure if its my eyes though.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thank you taking the time out to respond! The main reason why I had to take a picture as far as I could is because with watches, wrist shots can be misleading. When photos are taken too close, it can make the watch look larger than it truly is.

Tbh, even the phone I took, it makes the watch seem larger than it is. In real life, at least in my eyes, it feels super small. Again, im not sure if its my eyes though.

Well, it could be my (bespectacled) eyes, too. My own personal preference is for elegance, and classically styled understatement, so I rather like the watch and think it proportionate to the size of your wrist.

However, I do understand that the current fashion is a marked preference for massive, outsized timepieces, - say Panerai, which I don't much care for - timepieces which could almost double up as bejewelled weapons. If this is the look you are striving for, well, the time piece you photographed on your wrist obviously doesn't cut it.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Eh, should have waited a bit more after my last watch purchase but thought, gonna buy it eventually, why not now.

Beautiful. I love Tangente's. I think the 35mm is a great fit on you and I would have gone for the same myself. That minimalist Bauhaus design suits the smaller sizes in my opinion. I'd love one of those bad boys one day.

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I need some help guys

Need a watch for my brother in law. price range around $300-$500

What would be a nice starter watch? He will wear it to weddings, when going out, dinners, etc.

any suggestions?

thanks!

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I need some help guys

What would be a nice starter watch? He will wear it to weddings, when going out, dinners, etc.

any suggestions?

thanks!

Hamilton Instamatic.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I need some help guys

any suggestions?

thanks!

Tissot make excellent watches, and many of them will fall within the price range you mention. Likewise, watches made by the Michel Herbelin company are very elegant watches within that price range.

taran420

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
Toronto, Canada

birnando

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
Oslo, Norway
Here is one of my Panerai's.
I have a Pam 233 as well but seem to prefer this one most days.
Probably because this was my first somewhat classy wrist watch.

As a way to avoid the wife rage back then, I went and bought her a Louis Vuitton handbag.
Sent the pic of that back home to her in Norway before going back to the watch store on Old Bond Street in London

That turned out to be a clever move, she hardly noticed the new watch at all ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416690618.493526.jpg

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
Just got this new bad boy a couple hours ago. A Longines Hydro Conquest dive watch. Some reviews call it a "tool watch".

It is one of the least expensive ways to enter the "Automatic Swiss watch collector" club. Many consider it the best of the sub-1000 euro automatic watch category (if such a thing exists).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.