Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DravenInc

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
Mine doesn't work but it's not because of any of the issues mentioned.

Whenever an app store advertisement pops up, the app will auto re-direct me to the app store. It happens every 1 - 2 minutes and it makes it completely unusable.

go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off installing apps. this will stop it from jumping over to the App Store.

There may be other things available on jailbroken devices, but if you're not jailbroken, this will do it for you. Obv, remember to go back and fix this after your MovieBox session to be able to install apps.

----------

I tried that one earlier today...wouldn't let me install.

Good User Name

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
This works for me but it keeps telling me there is a newer version available.

Do I want to download that newer version and if so which version is the newest? Isn't exactly clear as to which one is newer than the other.

I wish I knew.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Through AirPlay?

Yes AirPlay.

Having trouble?

Try this.

Two methods listed.

Turn on hotspot on phone.

Turn on wifi for Apple TV and iPad.

Connect to phone.

Select movie or show to stream.

Tap AirPlay icon displayed lower right corner and select you Apple TV.

Done.

This Method only works on jailbroken devices that installed movie box through cydia.

If you are using the movie box app that was installed through safari follow this method

Turn on wifi and Bluetooth for Apple TV

Turn on wifi and Bluetooth for iPhone

Make sure iPhone is not connected to any network.

Turn on iPhone mirror and select Apple TV

Open movie box app.

Select movie or show to stream.

Done.

tvbi

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2004
So caption doesn't work with Airplay? or is it just me? It showed up on my phone and not on the Apple TV.

tvbi

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2004
Yes I signed up and it's working fine when I watch on the phone but when I use AirPlay the movie show up on the apple tv but the caption remain on the phone.

Moviebox

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2014
I'm hearing reports of other people's Movie Box and Provenance installations no longer working. They're not working for me either. How about the rest of you?

Working links www.movieboxhelp.co.nr

----------

I give up, the m0vie version now crashes :( what's causing this?

www.movieboxhelp.co.nr

----------

go to Settings>General>Restrictions and turn off installing apps. this will stop it from jumping over to the App Store.

There may be other things available on jailbroken devices, but if you're not jailbroken, this will do it for you. Obv, remember to go back and fix this after your MovieBox session to be able to install apps.

----------

I tried that one earlier today...wouldn't let me install.

www.movieboxhelp.co.nr

----------

This works for me but it keeps telling me there is a newer version available.

Do I want to download that newer version and if so which version is the newest? Isn't exactly clear as to which one is newer than the other.

Newest her ▶️www.movieboxhelp.co.nr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.