Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
No it won't!

Unionization and eventual demands for over-the-top benefits, government regulation, and general bureaucrat butt-in-ery, which is the heaviest in places like NY, IL, and CA, would either kill the endeavor (Golden Egg), or Apple itself (the Goose).

I submit to you... Detroit, Chrysler, and General Motors.

"Built in America" has a beautiful ring to it, but that ring is hollow in the "Motor City" because of YEARS of bad products. I had to learn it the hard way myself, but once learned the lesson has stuck. I haven't bought a GM car in years because of this and bailouts.

I wouldn't build any manufacturing facilities in any of those places unless things REALLY change a lot.

You my friend are uninformed. Unions are a past time in NY. The only Unions of a mentionable size are Civil Servants. Those that exist outside of State Govt. do not command the salaries and benefits you proclaim. Service Employees Unions pay nothing, and have minimal if any benefits. NY is on a roll. We can revisit this in 4 years.

p.s. BTW, so you feel better I drive a Honda, crap I forgot. It's built in Ohio. Must be POS. LOL. :apple:

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
Honest question: do people really believe these stories? Apple pushes GT to build new plants they know they can't afford, then slyly works into the agreement that Apple owns the facility if the deal falls through. It's blatantly obvious Apple had no intentions of working with GT ever; they basically stole their technology to create Sapphire and now people see Apple as "the good people" saving jobs. I'm not saying it wasn't smart on Apple's part, they're kings of business, but stop painting them as some savior when they purposely ruined GT.

Wow, you are something really potent...!
Lets see :

1) The building already belonged to Apple before GT even came into the picture.
2) Apple had the patent to laminate glass to sapphire (the patent to actually use the Saphire on a phone)
3) Apple advanced the money (439M) to buy the furnaces and pay the employees.
4) C level execs made 10 Million by selling their stocks while lying about the condition of their company. They will be sued and pursued by the SEC.
5) Apple didn't get any money or asset out of the bankruptcy except the promise from GT to pay them back 440M by selling the furnaces (not likely).
6) Apple didn't get any intellectual property out of this from GT and it wasn't in the initial contract either.
8) GT was already in the dumps when they made their deal with Apple
9) GT wasn'T a small startup, they were listed on the stock exchange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.