Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Magpul has released updated versions of its popular Field Case for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The Field Case is a minimalist shell case made from flexible thermoplastic, similar to the company's popular PMAG rifle magazines.

fieldcase.jpg
The Magpul Field Case for the iPhone 6 is a semi-rigid cover designed to provide basic protection in the field.

Made from a flexible thermoplastic, the Field Case features PMAG®-style ribs for added grip, snap-on design for easy installation and removal, and slides easily in and out of pockets without snagging.
Made in the USA, the Field Case is available in black and olive drab green for $17, with Magpul's logo on the back.

The iPhone 6 version is shipping now from Magpul's website, and the iPhone 6 Plus variant should be available next month.

Article Link: Magpul Updates Its Popular 'Field Case' for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
Magpul makes wonderful products. I own many of them for my firearms. Their iPhone cases are equally as nice. I plan on picking one up ASAP.

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
Magpul makes wonderful products. I own many of them for my firearms. Their iPhone cases are equally as nice. I plan on picking one up ASAP.

Beyond that their pricing isn't totally unreasonable. $17 might be a lot for the plastic but on the other hand people charge a lot more for lesser products.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Yes! My favorite cases ever for the iPhone. So glad to see they're putting them out now, although since I own a 6+ I'll have to wait a while longer.

Absolutely the best cases for the money on the market, and it isn't even close.

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
Because these are made in the USA, relatively low priced and work well are why I continue to buy their iPhone cases. Can't wait for the Bump case to come out for the 6P.

Black107

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2009
ITT: The intersection of the Mac and firearm ownership communities. A rare gathering, this is. ;)

Sportcat

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Anderson, SC
I've had these on my 3G, 3GS, 4S, and 5S. One will definitely go on my 6 next year.

Outstanding, quality, protective, minimal case at a VERY reasonable price.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
ITT: The intersection of the Mac and firearm ownership communities. A rare gathering, this is. ;)

I don't own any of their firearms (or any firearms for that matter), but these cases are fantastic. Will definitely pick one up for my 6 Plus when they're available.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan

I don't own any firearms, but I have one of these cases on my iPhone 5s.

A few weeks ago, I dropped my phone onto a marble tile floor. The Magpul case did its job — the phone wasn't even scratched.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA

Not at all! After all, the most popular sporting rifle in the USA, the AR-15, has much in common with Apple products including extensive use of aluminum, good ergonomics, (and a possibility of bending when severely abused ;)).

In fact iPhones were adopted by military long-range riflemen early on as useful devices for ballistics calculation and even as weapon mounted goinometers, in special mounts made by Knight's Armament.

rbgaynor

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2010
Southern California
Happy to see this, I had a Magpul case on my iPhone 4 and loved but they were slow to do cases for the iPhone 5. Also a fan of their AR parts and mags!

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
I've been a fan of their P-Mags for years. I don't have an iPhone, but I just checked their site and their S3 cases are $5. I'm definitely buying one.

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
Their cases are fantastic as well as all their ar-15 goodies. Love Magpul products!!

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
You can probably guess from my username, I am a firearm lover and depend on firearms to protect my family and I through our daily lives along with for my job. I have been so anxious for Magpul to release these cases.

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
You can probably guess from my username, I am a firearm lover and depend on firearms to protect my family and I through our daily lives along with for my job. I have been so anxious for Magpul to release these cases.

You can probably guess where my username came from. :D

alchemistTi

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Simply the best!

These cases are awesome. They aren't overly rigid like some, which transfers all of the energy to the phone if you drop it, and not overly soft like silicone, either, which peel off or trap a lot of stuff against your phone. I do miss the executive style, though, which we're just a hair thinner than the standard field cases. I ordered one for my iPhone 4 (my first iPhone) and within a year I converted about a dozen different people at my work to order the same. I love that company.

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
I hope they bring out a version for my family protecting fire arm.. Its called a phone and it can call the police who use nothing more than a stick (No fire arms here thanks!)

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I like Magpul cases. They’re the antidote to “You’re holding it wrong.”

I don’t own firearms, but like seeing them in action. (Arnie as Dutch: “If it bleeds, we can kill it!”)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.