Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBeg2Differ

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
Fyi. Apple is still making 128 GB. I ordered mine through Apple last Thursday and was garunteeed a phone in three weeks.

This was after canceling a pending order with ATT dealing with several rude reps the ceo and a gentleman in the appeals office for two months. None of whom could do anything right.

The guy I ordered through at Apple was disgusted with what I was telling him id dealt with and the blame ATT is trying to put on them. He said they're either not ordering enough to cover orders placed or they're sitting on tons of phones.

Yes, people...I know firsthand what Gingersnap went through. Only difference was that mine was cancelled and nothing got done even after I was requested to fax proof of my account balance for the week of the shipping date. CEO office and Appeals started well but ended the same...nothing was resolved.
This past Monday I finally decided to call the main 800-331-0500 on our bill to see if they can finall fix my account.
Michael M. was his name, he was in Billing Dept, and he was AWESOME!!!! He took his time, dug into my account CRS exchanges and actually found the notes Retention left stating all the credits and upgrade charge reversals they promised. This was after previous CRS's claimed they didn't have access to notes left by Retentions!!
Michael M. worked his tail off for me. He put me on hold 3 times to talk to his Manager and one time to talk to Retentions. My call was not cut off, and we laughed together several times when he kept saying "What a mess!!" under his breath. He was actively typing every single thing he was doing to make sure that anyone else after him can have a basic knowledge of what he did that night as he fixed my account. He not only did that, but he was able to remove all the usage charges since Sept for the new line we ordered that was partnered to the iphone order ATT unjustly cancelled. Since we had just gotten the phone this month from Apple Store, it only made sense that I didn't get charged for a line that didn't have an available phone to use it with. My bill is now back to a fair amount :).

Suffice to say that I immediately sent the CEO office an email commending Michael M. for his work, and stressed the fact that if only ONE of him was in every department, AT&T would improve GREATLY!!!!!!!

Micheal M. from AT&T Billing Dept...this post is for you!!

P.S. Come on Apple...ship to Gingersnap!!!!!#

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
Well isn't this lovely (ordered a gold 128GB on 10/6):

Thanks for placing your order. We estimate your item will ship on or between the dates provided.
The estimated shipping date range for this item has changed from 11/13/14 - 11/24/14 to 12/12/14 - 12/19/14.

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Yes, people...I know firsthand what Gingersnap went through. Only difference was that mine was cancelled and nothing got done even after I was requested to fax proof of my account balance for the week of the shipping date. CEO office and Appeals started well but ended the same...nothing was resolved.
This past Monday I finally decided to call the main 800-331-0500 on our bill to see if they can finall fix my account.
Michael M. was his name, he was in Billing Dept, and he was AWESOME!!!! He took his time, dug into my account CRS exchanges and actually found the notes Retention left stating all the credits and upgrade charge reversals they promised. This was after previous CRS's claimed they didn't have access to notes left by Retentions!!
Michael M. worked his tail off for me. He put me on hold 3 times to talk to his Manager and one time to talk to Retentions. My call was not cut off, and we laughed together several times when he kept saying "What a mess!!" under his breath. He was actively typing every single thing he was doing to make sure that anyone else after him can have a basic knowledge of what he did that night as he fixed my account. He not only did that, but he was able to remove all the usage charges since Sept for the new line we ordered that was partnered to the iphone order ATT unjustly cancelled. Since we had just gotten the phone this month from Apple Store, it only made sense that I didn't get charged for a line that didn't have an available phone to use it with. My bill is now back to a fair amount :).

Suffice to say that I immediately sent the CEO office an email commending Michael M. for his work, and stressed the fact that if only ONE of him was in every department, AT&T would improve GREATLY!!!!!!!

Micheal M. from AT&T Billing Dept...this post is for you!!

P.S. Come on Apple...ship to Gingersnap!!!!!#

I'm so happy to hear that AT&T did something right for you for once. There are the few that want to help. I had one last week after dealing with the rudest rep ever. If we'd been face to face there'd have been some issues. Seriously when is "Listen, lady" ever okay to say to a customer? Especially an already upset one. My head almost exploded at that point.

And keep cheering Apple on for me! #

jrodri29

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Guys just an update on some orders. My friend ordered two silver 6+ 64GB ON 11/12 and got his phone nine days later. Never pre-ordered or anything. I was surprised when he told me this today. I had to wait a month! Anyways, this was in Puerto Rico. Maybe he got lucky... Sorry for those still waiting. Not leaving this thread until at least Gingersnap gets hers!

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Guys just an update on some orders. My friend ordered two silver 6+ 64GB ON 11/12 and got his phone nine days later. Never pre-ordered or anything. I was surprised when he told me this today. I had to wait a month! Anyways, this was in Puerto Rico. Maybe he got lucky... Sorry for those still waiting. Not leaving this thread until at least Gingersnap gets hers!

You're so sweet.

Gerald55444

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
Brooklyn Park, MN
The ship must have just unloaded a container of phones

Because iStockNow is showing 6+ SG 128's sprinkled all over the US.

Hoping some went to AT$T's warehouses because I'm in one of situations where I can't go straight to Apple.

Of course, because it will be shipped to my company's telecom department, I wouldn't see it until the week after next even if it shipped out today.

And this is *not* to say anything bad about my company's telecom department. :) They pulled strings to make this order happen at *all*.

The burden of my frustration rests on AT$T's habit of shipping the identical phone to people who ordered after I did.

Ionius

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
So just wanted to jump on and say goodbye to everyone. I had checked istocknow and saw that the Apple Store an hour away had a 64 SG so I said forget the 128. By the time I got there, it was gone but they had it in silver so I resigned myself to it. I told the clerk what I was really looking for and as we were waiting for the silver to come out from out back a shipment had just arrived and I was able to snag a 128 SG! So after 65 days of waiting, I finally have my phone. I went back home to my local att store and they were able to cancel my 9/19 order after searching for it for 20 minutes since premier customer service isn't open on Saturday. Good luck to everyone, Ginger, Apple will take care of you I'm certain!

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
So just wanted to jump on and say goodbye to everyone. I had checked istocknow and saw that the Apple Store an hour away had a 64 SG so I said forget the 128. By the time I got there, it was gone but they had it in silver so I resigned myself to it. I told the clerk what I was really looking for and as we were waiting for the silver to come out from out back a shipment had just arrived and I was able to snag a 128 SG! So after 65 days of waiting, I finally have my phone. I went back home to my local att store and they were able to cancel my 9/19 order after searching for it for 20 minutes since premier customer service isn't open on Saturday. Good luck to everyone, Ginger, Apple will take care of you I'm certain!

I'm hoping!! Congrats on your phone!!! :)

Gbutta

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
Ohio
Every Apple Store near me has the phone I want so I cancelled my order was told by At&t to pay off my 5s and my contact would be settled. Now I'm stuck waiting on my eligibility to reset.

Orangechipper

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2014
went to apple store today

They basically admitted they fulfill their OWN orders before anyone elses.

So don't expect any 128 gb 6 pluses until their own stores are saturated.

She also said that even apple stores dont know whats coming. They get in several shipments a day and never know what they will be getting.

Unreal

drubie

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2011
Every Apple Store near me has the phone I want so I cancelled my order was told by At&t to pay off my 5s and my contact would be settled. Now I'm stuck waiting on my eligibility to reset.

Good luck with that. Mine took 8 days. Really bad customer service from ATT.

drubie

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2011
Why did it take so long? I Was afraid of this happening

No one from ATT could explain it. It should be no more than 2 mouse clicks to handle this. I had to go to retentions to get this thing taken care of and it took them 2 days to do it as well. Will always deal with Apple going forward. Hope you don't have to wait as long.

LenPopPop

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
I ordered a SG 128 + on 9/27 my original shipping date was 11/5-11/14 then it changed to back ordered. A few days ago the shipping date changed to 12/5-12/14. I found one 2 hours away at a Apple Store but if I go buy it I lose my &200 credit for my 4S trade in.

goofy1958

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
I ordered a SG 128 + on 9/27 my original shipping date was 11/5-11/14 then it changed to back ordered. A few days ago the shipping date changed to 12/5-12/14. I found one 2 hours away at a Apple Store but if I go buy it I lose my &200 credit for my 4S trade in.

Did you order at an AT&T store?

Gbutta

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
Ohio
I am typing this on my 128sg 6+! Cancelled my order on 11/22 original shipping dates 11/9-11/27 ordered 9/19. I had to badger At&t to reverse my upgrade eligibility, but after some sweet talking and a couple of calls got it restored used istocknow found a phone at my local Apple store bought it and now I'm enjoying it! Thanks Gingersnap3813 for the advice and goodluck to you all!

Last edited:

goofy1958

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011

That explains it. It is quite apparent that AT&T is giving priority to those who ordered from a store as opposed to the web. I ordered the exact same phone 4 days before you, on 9/23 via the web, and my new ship dates are 12/12 - 12/19, one week after yours.

It's weird that my email stated that they have the phone in stock, but it's going to take 3 weeks to get it shipped?!?! Really??

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
I am typing this on my 128sg 6+! Cancelled my order on 11/22 original shipping dates 11/9-11/27 ordered 9/19. I had to badger At&t to reverse my upgrade eligibility, but after some sweet talking and a couple of calls got it restored used istocknow found a phone at my local Apple store bought it and now I'm enjoying it! Thanks Gingersnap3813 for the advice and goodluck to you all!

Good! Enjoy your phone!!

LenPopPop

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
That explains it. It is quite apparent that AT&T is giving priority to those who ordered from a store as opposed to the web. I ordered the exact same phone 4 days before you, on 9/23 via the web, and my new ship dates are 12/12 - 12/19, one week after yours.

It's weird that my email stated that they have the phone in stock, but it's going to take 3 weeks to get it shipped?!?! Really??

I feel your pain. I think you should get yours before me for you ordered before I did. That being said I have had friends and coworkers order the same phone and they got them before me. Even a month after I ordered. At least you got a email. I haven't received anything since I made my order.

Last edited:

MR.WaynesWorld

macrumors member
Got my phone today. Started out canceling my AT$T order and had my upgrade reinstated. Then tried to order iPhone online but can't do AT$T next online...

So I called Apple which also told me I had to go to the store and purchase the phone to get AT$T next plan. I explained to her my situation about driving 1.5 hours to Apple and didn't want any surprises.

Well she put me in contact with the store I was heading to and a great guy named, Edsel, reserved the phone for me no problem. Drove out to the store and got it.

Lesson learned, never order through AT$T again, going to order through Apple from here on out...

Gbutta

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2014
Ohio
I'm going to keep checking this forum til I see 128gb going out, I feel you guys pain! If you can cancel and get it from Apple. I Thought I couldn't but I found a way

pghgirl

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I ordered (online) a gold 128 6+ on 11/4 and got a shipping window of 12/15 - 12/24. On Saturday 11/22 I got a tracking number with an estimated delivery of 11/28. I'm upgrading my AT&T next line.

No clue how they're determining 'order'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.