Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darietto85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
Hello guys I really need something to enable the carrier menu that let you chose between 2g 3g and lte. The 3g signal is really poor in my city so my device keeps switching from 2g to 3g network draining my battery and leaving me unreachable for a lot of time.

I've already tried to follow a guide that suggest to delete 3 files in the Currier bundle folder but it didn't work.

Do you know any cydia tweak or something else to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
Hello guys I really need something to enable the carrier menu that let you chose between 2g 3g and lte. The 3g signal is really poor in my city so my device keeps switching from 2g to 3g network draining my battery and leaving me unreachable for a lot of time.

I've already tried to follow a guide that suggest to delete 3 files in the Currier bundle folder but it didn't work.

Do you know any cydia tweak or something else to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance

Installing the carrier hack that is here works. It is limited to some markets/areas but if you are within those places it has the 2g/3g/Lte

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
ok guys i finally found a solution for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ubxAxJr_M

follow this guide.

The only problem is that these changes will be reverted on each reboot, i hope to find a solution for this too

I found that a few days back but get nowhere as in the folder he says I have 6 files. Not two and can't figure out which to alter. He says the largest file but they're all the same size.

That and I couldn't be bothered redoing it every time I reboot. I rarely turn off my phone but some tweaks require a reboot when updated etc.

Darietto85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2014
i also had more files than him. I have h3g but there also was a file for TIM. Check each file except the default one and find which of them belongs to your carrier

----------

Would be nice to get a toggle on ccsettings like we have now an on/off for LTE.
To have available options for 2G and 3G.

it would be nicer to automatically apply these changes on boot :)

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
i also had more files than him. I have h3g but there also was a file for TIM. Check each file except the default one and find which of them belongs to your carrier

----------

it would be nicer to automatically apply these changes on boot :)

I wouldn't know how to figure out which belonged to my carrier to be honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.