Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Sometime in the past few months, my VPN setup stopped working. It was working well when I last used it this summer. Now, after upgrading to Mavericks Server on my Mini, Yosemite on my Macbook Air, and iOS 8 on my iPhone 5s, I can't get it to work. My logs show that my Server appears to be listening, but my MBA or iPhone don't connect with it to even begin negotiation.

I have a static IP with my ISP, and an Asus router between my Mini Server and my cable modem. I have a static IP, which I use as my host name, and a router-assigned IP address, which use in my VPN settings.

I have tried a whole bunch of different settings, etc, but no joy. I even tried using Time Machine to revert back to my settings from last summer (when everything worked), but Server seems to retain my current settings rather than reverting to my old settings. I would love to delete all my server settings and reinstall, but that appears to be difficult to manage.

Any suggestions? TIA

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
It's a well-known fact that Yosemite broke a number of VPN setups, to the point many organizations currently advise against upgrading. Have you tried a connection between non-Yosemite OSes?

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
It's a well-known fact that Yosemite broke a number of VPN setups, to the point many organizations currently advise against upgrading. Have you tried a connection between non-Yosemite OSes?

Just my iPhone 5S, and that doesn't work either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.