Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Sucks, doesn't it? It took me five minutes at best buy to experience this issue.

Oh well, my Air is doing great and will easily last me until the next ipad which is only about 10.5 months away now :)

If I can live with my iPad 3, surely you can live with your Air :p

----------

I admit that the speaker is different than the units in the past but it is no deal breaker for me. I just bought my 2nd Air 2 and we are both enjoying them!

It is just not that big of a deal for us.

I would have lived with it, but both units I purchased had screen issues and it was just a hassle so I decided to wait.

The first one had bad book spine and the second one had that screen distortion issue when holding it regularly (not adding abnormal force). The first one didn't do that. But I'm glad you got two good units.

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Why not? Is there a reason not to be? Many folks are vocal here. You included. Heck, many of us are on lots of threads. Its good to rap with others about the devices and whats going on with them.

I dont get your concern, quite frankly. Sir. Unless its bothering you on a personal level for some reason?

I've been tempted to say why are you wasting your life replying to this thread. But I only had to look into the mirror and wonder the same thing about myself. I can only say it's a sad, sad obsession isn't it. :eek:

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
... for you that is.

Of course for me. I work with machines all day, those vibrate. Compared to the Air 2, its like a small buzz. Even my iPhone 6+ vibrates at max volume a little. And so does my MacBook Pro at max volume. I'm not so sure whats the big deal. Its not like the air will vibrate off the desk.

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
Of course for me. I work with machines all day, those vibrate. Compared to the Air 2, its like a small buzz. Even my iPhone 6+ vibrates at max volume a little. And so does my MacBook Pro at max volume. I'm not so sure whats the big deal. Its not like the air will vibrate off the desk.

Well, for me, I don't like the device vibrating while I'm using it. I just don't like it. Nothing I own does it at the minimum volume like my Air 2.

My iPad 4, iPhone 4, 5, 5s, and 6, none of them do this.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

cant say the same for my iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6
iPad 2, 3
MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro Retina

but the iPad Air 2 just wow it even makes the pillow underneath it vibrate through its case. I am just glad i barely use it without headphones, it would drive me insane. especially typing on it while listening to it makes the whole display vibrate

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I've been tempted to say why are you wasting your life replying to this thread. But I only had to look into the mirror and wonder the same thing about myself. I can only say it's a sad, sad obsession isn't it. :eek:

Wasting my life? Geesh, guys....relax. It's an Internet forum that I visit to shoot the breeze with other users and read up on what's going on out there. It could be argued that ANY activity which doesn't directly result in generating food, creating shelter, or securing water is a "waste of life" seeing as those are the only true necessities.

So, replying to any thread or even being on a tablet is a waste of life too. So is bowling, so is jogging, so is watching TV, etc, etc.

See what I'm getting at?

I have been on some threads no doubt. Carry on but I rather take my new approach and move on after voicing my opinion. It ain't like I would change one's decision regardless. Most folks have made up their mind one way or the other but with approaching BF sales for the Air 2, ...

Fair enough. I get what you are saying. No biggy. Enjoy the forums.:)

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Wasting my life? Geesh, guys....relax. It's an Internet forum that I visit to shoot the breeze with other users and read up on what's going on out there. It could be argued that ANY activity which doesn't directly result in generating food, creating shelter, or securing water is a "waste of life" seeing as those are the only true necessities.

So, replying to any thread or even being on a tablet is a waste of life too. So is bowling, so is jogging, so is watching TV, etc, etc.

See what I'm getting at?

Fair enough. I get what you are saying. No biggy. Enjoy the forums.:)

Peace and love brother. I'm just trying to say we're all the same. #

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I did. I got a surface pro 3 and so far I'm loving it. I just need to figure out what to do with all this power.

It didn't cost much more than the iPad and there are plenty of apps... at least the ones I use. Plus I can use desktop programs. Best thing is no vibrations.

Have you had any overheating or charging issues that many have complained bout with the surface? Just wondering.

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Have you had any overheating or charging issues that many have complained bout with the surface? Just wondering.

Never seen either issues with my Surface Pro 3. It also has better good forward facing speaker minus vibration. Although it can't touch an iPad in regards to a robust App Store with touch optmized applications.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
I can't wait to try the iPad Air 2. LOL! Unless it's going to vibrate out of my hands this almost seems like a comedy sketch.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I can't wait to try the iPad Air 2. LOL! Unless it's going to vibrate out of my hands this almost seems like a comedy sketch.

Give it a shot. Ya never know. It might not bother you at all. Some users that always go with headphones or whatever don't care about the vibrating at all.

But, yeah, turn the volume up and set it on a hard surface. It might just wiggle itself off the table.... :D

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Only reason I browse is to see if latest purchases have the same vibration. Interesting with BF upon us soon to see if those newer ones are any different .

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
No telling how long new purchases for Air 2 for BF have been sitting on store shelves though. Without being able to get a handle on newer shipments, ....

It is probably unrealistic though to think the vibration will change. Most people will be past the return period deadline anyway.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
No telling how long new purchases for Air 2 for BF have been sitting on store shelves though. Without being able to get a handle on newer shipments, ....

It is probably unrealistic though to think the vibration will change. Most people will be past the return period deadline anyway.

You're right. This will be worth revisiting in six months to see if any future batches are less affected. There does seem to be some variance from device to device though. Unles those claiming they don't experience it are lying. I doubt it though. We have seen before where an issue affects one user and not another with no explanation. Quality control issues......?

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
iPad Air 2 sound vibrating!

I ordered online and while it won't arrive for a week, they sent me the serial number with the tracking info and according to that it was manufactured at FoxConn in China in week 47, which is within the last 2 weeks. I'll see what it's like when I get it.

I'm curious when the models sold in store were made.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I have a 128GB Space Grey Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Air 2 and the vibration is very noticeable --with or without the leather Smart Case. I still do not know what to do with it but I am not satisfied. The vibration makes the most expensive tablet on the market feel like a low-end product.

I tend to agree. I just turn the volume off unless I'm using earphones now. The vibration does weird things to my fingertips.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I tend to agree. I just turn the volume off unless I'm using earphones now. The vibration does weird things to my fingertips.

That's lame though. Being forced to use headphones or turn the sound off? Sounds like something you'd get with a cheap, Chinese knock off tablet. Not the most expensive, top of the line tablet.

Let's face it, this vibration issue is simply terrible and a deal killer. LAME.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
That's lame though. Being forced to use headphones or turn the sound off? Sounds like something you'd get with a cheap, Chinese knock off tablet. Not the most expensive, top of the line tablet.

Let's face it, this vibration issue is simply terrible and a deal killer. LAME.

Let's face it: there is no issue, since the sound isn't distorting.
The iPad air 2 is another big commercial success, as usual.
So it's a deal killer FOR YOU.

----------

----------

I got a new iPad air 2 today and the speakers definitely still vibrate

How would you expect that to changes over the time?
It's not an issue related to some defective components.
It's the way the iPad is designed: thin and light.

Are your speakers distorting the sound ? That would be a real issue to address. But that isn't the case.

----------

I wonder how this ever made it into production like that tbh. That's not even an oversight, it's straight out "we don't care, its thin"

I am surprised there's not more backlash about it in the media

That's because a vibration on the back isn't a defect.
If you don't like it, buy another product. But it hasn't any defect, since the audio section of the Air is still slightly better then the previous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.