Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
It should let you purchase. The email is going out to those that signed up to be notified (in the order in which you signed up). I tried to use the 15% off coupon on the front page of LP, but it wouldn't work.

I was able to use promo code KICK15 for 15% off. I've been receiving several months/weeks of annoying Otterbox/Lifeproof emails after I signed up to be notified.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
Called life proof for some information:

1- White version will be available by the end of November so I will be waiting for that version to order. He said that it was the same for the 5 and then the 5S cases, about a week-two weeks time for them to release the white color way.

2- 15% off coupons will not work for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus cases, as the coupon is only for the existing cases when it came out. At the time of the 15% coupon being released, the Fre was still not available.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Called life proof for some information:

1- White version will be available by the end of November so I will be waiting for that version to order. He said that it was the same for the 5 and then the 5S cases, about a week-two weeks time for them to release the white color way.

2- 15% off coupons will not work for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus cases, as the coupon is only for the existing cases when it came out. At the time of the 15% coupon being released, the Fre was still not available.

Try "KICK15". worked for me.

carreragt7

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Hopefully this means the 6+ case is out before Christmas... I shouldn't have bought the 6+ for my wife since case manufacturers have focused on the 6 version first.

I'll probably buy a nuud for my 6 when its released. Not needed for daily activities but it'd be nice for swim time with my child.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
Any idea when Best Buy will have it? I have some rewards to use...

----------

You guys were right I was wrong! I didn't receive the official e-mail yet from Lifeproof but BHPhotoVideo said for those who pre-ordered; they are expecting to have the cases in stock in a few days!!!

I just did live chat with B&H and they told me it wouldn't be until 12/20, I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago...

evolkatie

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Ordered the fre for iPhone 6. Still waiting on the nuud for the 6+. Hopefully they will email me when that is available since I signed up for the notifications just once

groggy2333

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Any idea when Best Buy will have it? I have some rewards to use...

----------

I just did live chat with B&H and they told me it wouldn't be until 12/20, I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago...

Gah, dang it, you're right! Oh well, I guess regular 6 owners get first dibs in everything case wise.

myMacRumors

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010
here are my predictions for LifeProof release date based on past experiences:

iPhone 6 frē - it will be available in mid-week (Nov 18-20, Nov 25-26) on LifeProof dot com (USA only)

iPhone 6 nüüd - it will be available in mid-week (Dec 16-18, Dec 23-24) on LifeProof dot com (USA only)

For retail locations such as Best Buy, it will be available on Dec 14, 2014 (iPhone 6 frē)

Email notification available Nov 18 - iPhone 6 fre in black

ReL1988

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2014
Please share any review you discover in the next few days.

I guess we will have plenty of them soon :cool::cool::cool:

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Mine and my son's shipped Friday and they will be here Monday. That's for the iPhone 6. I'll still need to order one for my 6+ when they come out.

PS: Forgot to mention, they discontinued the Total Water Protection plans online and will only sell them plan at Verizon retain stores with the purchase of a case. I vociferously complained. No results.

Last edited:

TheChrisBlaze

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
Got mine yesterday; overall fit and finish are really nice. Screen protector sits more flush against the screen than previous iterations, so that's nice. Sound is still pretty muffled but not more than I would have expected from a lifeproof case. Made several calls using it and call recipients have experienced no echo effect and could hear me clearly. I personally would have liked for them to preserve the round profile of the iphone 6, but it's really no big deal. I'm very happy with the case, it's what I've been waiting for and can now stop looking for other cases.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Got mine yesterday; overall fit and finish are really nice. Screen protector sits more flush against the screen than previous iterations, so that's nice. Sound is still pretty muffled but not more than I would have expected from a lifeproof case. Made several calls using it and call recipients have experienced no echo effect and could hear me clearly. I personally would have liked for them to preserve the round profile of the iphone 6, but it's really no big deal. I'm very happy with the case, it's what I've been waiting for and can now stop looking for other cases.

That's great to hear about the screen sitting more flush, the one i had for my iPhone 5 was terrible around the top and bottom of the screen. Is there any oil slick effect at all?

TheChrisBlaze

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
That's great to hear about the screen sitting more flush, the one i had for my iPhone 5 was terrible around the top and bottom of the screen. Is there any oil slick effect at all?

Unfortunately, there is still an oil slick effect, only way to mitigate that is to do the baby/talcum powder trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.