Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Bay Area, California.
Hello everyone, when using Safari or Google Chrome on your 6 Plus. Do you tend to press the "." button instead of the spacebar on the keyboard when typing on the URL box? Happens to me all the time... :mad:

H3boy

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
Charlie West
Hello everyone, when using Safari or Google Chrome on your 6 Plus. Do you tend to press the "." button instead of the spacebar on the keyboard when typing on the URL box? Happens to me all the time... :mad:

I have a similar issue where my finger will tap the comma instead of the period.

sharke

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
I do this all the time. All of my search queries are like:

amazon.logitech.mouse

Etc.....

Also when using the regular keyboard I keep hitting the damn emoticon button instead of the punctuation key, especially when typing one-handed. They really haven't thought this through in terms of usability. You can disable the emoticon key but it just replaces it with something else (I cannot remember what) which brings up a pop up dialog when you hit it. They should give you the option of removing the emoticon key and making the space bar bigger.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
:eek: I thought I was the only one. Drives me crazy when using Safari. Half.my.searches.look.like.this. Then I have to hit the search suggestion in Google. :D They need to find another way of including the dictation button and make the spacebar more wider.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Totally agree.

I'm past the stage of trying to be careful and more often than not it navigates to the page I'm wanting anyway even with the '.' In between the words :)

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I do this all the time. All of my search queries are like:

amazon.logitech.mouse

Etc.....

Also when using the regular keyboard I keep hitting the damn emoticon button instead of the punctuation key, especially when typing one-handed. They really haven't thought this through in terms of usability. You can disable the emoticon key but it just replaces it with something else (I cannot remember what) which brings up a pop up dialog when you hit it. They should give you the option of removing the emoticon key and making the space bar bigger.

Took words out of my mouth lol...

Clevans

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I do this all the time. It gets quite annoying, I wish the spacebar was bigger. Maybe make the "go" button smaller in order to do so

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.