Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreadh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014

I only see letters and a white background, there are no pictures. I already tried with other browsers but it happens the same thing. This only happens with my computer, with others, Facebook is just fine. How can I solve this?

Here's a picture of what I see: http://i59.tinypic.com/x5qjyb.png

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I don't know that it's something that you can fix, but what you're seeing is that the browser is loading only the HTML portion of Facebook. For it to look "normal" it would also need to load the the CSS file(s) which tell your browser how to style the page, etc. as well as the graphics. I've had this happen and usually it will load fine when I try it later. How long have you been having this problem?

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Have you tried the classic Apple support option? Create a new user account, log in and try accessing the FB again.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I've had this problem for a few days now, two or three.

Later on the day that I posted my above reply it happened to me on Facebook using Chrome, but clicking reload caused it to load properly and I haven't seen it again. The only thing I can think to try is clearing your browser cache if you haven't done that already.

andreadh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Later on the day that I posted my above reply it happened to me on Facebook using Chrome, but clicking reload caused it to load properly and I haven't seen it again. The only thing I can think to try is clearing your browser cache if you haven't done that already.
I did that already and keeps happening the same thing :confused:

Have you tried the classic Apple support option? Create a new user account, log in and try accessing the FB again.
Do you mean making a new Facebook account? Or a new user on my mac?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I know a few sites that do that. Just hit Reload Page (cmd-R) and it will refresh correctly.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I did that already and keeps happening the same thing :confused:

Do you mean making a new Facebook account? Or a new user on my mac?

I believe that he means making a new user account on your Mac to see if it exhibits the same symptoms.

andreadh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I know a few sites that do that. Just hit Reload Page (cmd-R) and it will refresh correctly.
I did that a lot of times already and it still won't get back to normal, it's frustrating

----------

I made a new account and Facebook appears the same

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I did that a lot of times already and it still won't get back to normal, it's frustrating

----------

I made a new account and Facebook appears the same

Is the problem something that's been ongoing for a while or something that's just occurred a few days ago?

andreadh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Can you think of anything that you might have installed or any settings you may have changed around that time that could be the cause?

I went out of the city on a weekend and left my mac turned off, a week later I used it again, I entered on Facebook and appeared like that. I didn't download anything, only the web browser Opera, but it was after the Facebook thing happened.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I went out of the city on a weekend and left my mac turned off, a week later I used it again, I entered on Facebook and appeared like that. I didn't download anything, only the web browser Opera, but it was after the Facebook thing happened.

That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Have you changed any settings with your router or firewall? Do you use ad blockers with your browsers?

andreadh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Have you changed any settings with your router or firewall? Do you use ad blockers with your browsers?

I didn't changed any settings and I don't have adblockers. I can't understand why I can't use Facebook, all other computers in my house load Facebook correctly.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I didn't changed any settings and I don't have adblockers. I can't understand why I can't use Facebook, all other computers in my house load Facebook correctly.

Since this all started have you tried logging out and then logging back into Facebook? Have you tried restarting your Mac? Is everything up-to-date on your Mac? Is Facebook the only site you're having problems with?

andreadh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Since this all started have you tried logging out and then logging back into Facebook? Have you tried restarting your Mac? Is everything up-to-date on your Mac? Is Facebook the only site you're having problems with?

Yes to all the questions...

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Thanks for your help :)

I thought of something else...have you had anyone else (like a family member or friend) try logging into their Facebook account using your Mac to see if they get the same results? By the way, which browser are you using and which version of OS X?

Jonathon71

Suspended
Nov 23, 2014
Use alternative

The same problem I faced too with my Macbook. The safari browser seems to hate Facebook for some reason. No matter the latest version or older, facebook do not open. All the other webpages works fine. Then I install firefox (or chrome, can't remember) just for the facebook.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
The same problem I faced too with my Macbook. The safari browser seems to hate Facebook for some reason. No matter the latest version or older, facebook do not open. All the other webpages works fine. Then I install firefox (or chrome, can't remember) just for the facebook.

Did using Firefox or Chrome fix the problem for you?

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Since I'm still running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard here, I don't use Safari (version 5.1.10) unless I have to but I just tried Facebook and it loaded fine so I don't think it's a Safari problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.