Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Placed an order via phone for an iPhone 6 space gray 64GB on 11/13. Estimated shipping was 11/24-12/4. I realized a couple of days later that online orders were shipping in 2 business days so I wasn't happy about that. In any event, my phone shipped on 11/21 and will be delivered on 11/26. AT&T decided to use UPS Ground (cheaper) so I'll be waiting another 5 days for delivery.

dahammer01

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
New York
I just got this from ATT. New shipping date.

Ship date for your iPhone 6 Plus order

Thank you for your purchase of the iPhone 6 Plus. We previously notified you by e-mail that due to the overwhelming popularity of the device you purchased, we did not receive the supply needed to fill your order. We are pleased to share that we now have the supply needed to fill your order. As a result, your device will be shipped between December 12, 2014 – December 19, 2014.

We value you as a customer; however, if you don't want to wait, you may cancel your order by calling 800-331-0500 or visit an AT&T store. If you choose to cancel, your credit card will not be charged. If you do not notify us that you want to cancel your order before we ship the device to you, we will assume that you have agreed to the new shipment dates. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing us.

AT&T

So you mean to tell you got my phone but shipping it when?? I'm not holding my breath.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Ship date for your iPhone 6 Plus order

Thank you for your purchase of the iPhone 6 Plus. We previously notified you by e-mail that due to the overwhelming popularity of the device you purchased, we did not receive the supply needed to fill your order. We are pleased to share that we now have the supply needed to fill your order. As a result, your device will be shipped between December 12, 2014 – December 19, 2014.

We value you as a customer; however, if you don't want to wait, you may cancel your order by calling 800-331-0500 or visit an AT&T store. If you choose to cancel, your credit card will not be charged. If you do not notify us that you want to cancel your order before we ship the device to you, we will assume that you have agreed to the new shipment dates. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing us.

AT&T

So you mean to tell you got my phone but shipping it when?? I'm not holding my breath.

So they have the phone but can't ship it for another month? They must really be backed up.

beany boy

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I just had a chat with an AT&T CS agent. Those new shipping dates have virtually no meaning. If you believe you will receive your phone within those dates you are a fool.

mobilecal

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
iPhone 6 Silver (64 GB)
Order placed online on 11/17 (7pm Pacific time)
Phone Shipped: 11/21
Expected delivery date: 11/24

It shipped MUCH sooner than the original shipping estimate. Did I get lucky?

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
I finally got a shipment email!!!
Order date: Oct 23
Where: AT&T Store
Device: 64GB Space Gray 6+
Original Ship Dates: 12/3 - 12/12
Shipped on: 11/22

The only strange thing is that my tracking number is a United States Postal Service number. I thought they shipped FedEx or UPS? When I enter the tracking number online, it says it is not found.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York

The only strange thing is that my tracking number is a United States Postal Service number. I thought they shipped FedEx or UPS? When I enter the tracking number online, it says it is not found.

If it is USPS it will take about 24 hours before it appears on their website. My phone that was shipped yesterday was via UPS. I wouldn't expect them to use the USPS either.

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
Hooray!

iPhone 6 64GB Silver/White
Ordered 11/5
Delivered 11/22

I almost called and cancelled two days ago after seeing that my local Apple Store had been getting some of these in every couple of days, but decided against it after realizing I wouldn't have time to get over there in the few days. Glad I waited!

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
Ordered an iPhone 6 Plus 16GB through AT&T Premier. Shows shipping in 3-5 business days with 2 day shipping from FedEx. Hopefully I'll get it on Black Friday!

jamespa66

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Kenosha, WI
I finally got my iPhone 6+ 128gb SG this past Wednesday, my order was placed on Oct 31st after AT&T cancelled my original order placed Sep 13th. My shipping dates had been the later half of Dec for my momst recent order soI definitly got it earlier than stated. Was it worth the long wait and all the hassle? NO, yes it is a nice phone, the larger display is good but I will neve wait this long again. I believe Apple and AT&T are both to blame for the long waits and hassles.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida

My partner ordered, through an AT&T Store a Gold 64gb iPhone 6 on Friday 11/14 and received his phone on Monday 11/17. It came via USPS. I ordered my 64GB Space Gray iPhone 6 on 10/6 from the same store and I received my phone on 11/19 after canceling on 11/6 and re-ordering through Apple. My phone was delivered by UPS.

Willisd

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2014
Update

iPhone 6 delivered on Friday, 11/21. I was out of town until today. Just now setting it up. Very happy with it. Mine came via FedEx. Good luck to everyone waiting.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I know this isn't a preorder but do you guys know if you are able to pay early for your iPhone 6 on Next 24 and skip the installments? I got my 6 on release day if that helps...

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I know this isn't a preorder but do you guys know if you are able to pay early for your iPhone 6 on Next 24 and skip the installments? I got my 6 on release day if that helps...

Yes, you can. I believe it requires that you wait one or two billing cycles so you can pay it off now.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Delays when ordering through any carrier places the blame at Apple's feet, not necessarily the carrier. It absolutely infuriates me when someone walks in an Apple store and gets the phone I've been waiting 5 weeks for. There shouldn't be a single phone shipped to a brick and mortar store when there are people that are waiting in the virtual line. It honestly doesn't make any sense, business-wise. We are guaranteed money - why stock stores when the item in question might sit for a while? In this case that might be a moot point due to the popularity of the iphone, but the scenario does nothing to bolster the confidence of those waiting.

Well, get used to it. Especially at Apple Brick and Mortars with a Microsoft Store in the same Mall. This is a key part of Angela Ahrendts core plane to increase Apple Brick and Mortar revenue. The consumer is much more likely to walk out of the Apple location with other Apple products when there is availability.

With carriers phasing out subsidies on iPhones, Apple has less incentives to short stock Apple Retail.

Yes it's frustrating. But it's about the (regardless if you subscribe or not) Apple Experience. The Ecosystem. Get the consumer in the Retail Store is priority one these days. :apple:

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
Well, get used to it. Especially at Apple Brick and Mortars with a Microsoft Store in the same Mall. This is a key part of Angela Ahrendts core plane to increase Apple Brick and Mortar revenue. The consumer is much more likely to walk out of the Apple location with other Apple products when there is availability.

With carriers phasing out subsidies on iPhones, Apple has less incentives to short stock Apple Retail.

Yes it's frustrating. But it's about the (regardless if you subscribe or not) Apple Experience. The Ecosystem. Get the consumer in the Retail Store is priority one these days. :apple:

When you put it that way, I understand. It's still frustrating but an understandable business strategy. So it all boils down to Apple not producing enough units before the launch date. My phone should be delivered today! :)

dahammer01

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2014
New York
Apple Flunked in The Golden Rule.

It's really simple, its called supply and demand.
Playing Russian roulette with customers is a very dangerous game.

If I don't get my phone by the date that ATT says then no problem.
Ill cancel my order and will never buy an Apple phone again.

I've owned their phones since the 3 series. Never had a problem with the 3 series, but starting with 4 it was noticed that quality went down hill.
Me, I got the 5 series and had to replace it 4 times all under apple care. Last 1 they sent me a new 1, just last week.

Samsung is betting that Apple will screw up. Guess what, they sure are.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
I for one didn't order from AT&T, because when I called them before launch day. The rep told me that apple will get the 6/6+ before they do. So it was a no Brainer for me I order both 6/6+ 64gb on Apple.com on 9/19 my wife 6 got here from China on 10/7 and my 6/+ on 10/16. I really think that apple underestimated the demand they would have for the 6/6+ especially the 6+ they wasn't expecting it to be such a hit. But the good news is there are starting to catch up with there ordes now, it's getting a little better. Was at the Apple Store yesterday to have my 6+ replace after extensive crashing my third visit to the genius bar they replace it with a new unit. So far so good no more crashing. To those who are still waitng hang in there the 6/6+ are awesome, and u will never find a better customer service than Apple where u can walk in the any Apple store and have your device replace right on the spot if needed.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
It's really simple, its called supply and demand.
Playing Russian roulette with customers is a very dangerous game.

If I don't get my phone by the date that ATT says then no problem.
Ill cancel my order and will never buy an Apple phone again.

I've owned their phones since the 3 series. Never had a problem with the 3 series, but starting with 4 it was noticed that quality went down hill.
Me, I got the 5 series and had to replace it 4 times all under apple care. Last 1 they sent me a new 1, just last week.

Samsung is betting that Apple will screw up. Guess what, they sure are.

Sorry to hear and I hope u will have a better experience with your iPhone 6. Had my 4s for three years with no problem what so ever. And just hang in there Apple is starting to catch up with there others now. The 6 will be a really nice upgrade from the 5 u will love it really an awesome device. Also what ever u do think about it before u go android etc. trust me Apple has the best customer service in the business, try walking in an android store and getting your device replace on the spot if needed. That's an experience I would never want to have again.

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2007
I ordered a 6 Plus from AT&T on 10/8. Ship date was 11/11-11/17. In late October, I noticed the ship date had slipped a week. I learned this online--I received no email notification from AT&T. On 11/17, I checked the status online and found my order had been cancelled! No notification whatsoever. WTF? I called AT&T, and they said that, because my order had been open for 39 weeks, it was automatically canceled by their system. I pointed out that their math wasn't correct, and the rep said that's what their system was saying. They placed a new order for me, and the new ship date was 12/26. I told them that was unacceptable, and asked to speak to a manager. The mgr said he would expedite the order, and I would hear from their escalation department in a day or two. Four days later, I called again asking what was up with my order. They said I had been escalated "to the front of the line." Of course I asked when I would see my phone, and they didn't know, because they were out of stock and didn't know when they would get more. I asked why I never received any kind of notice that my order had been escalated, and they said that the escalation department was so busy that they couldn't send out notification.

Wow.

Let me repeat that: Wow.

Since we were about to go out of town for a couple days, I cancelled my order and decided to take my chances at the Apple store in the town we were visiting (no Apple store within 2 hours of my home). I was able to walk in and get a 6 Plus immediately at the Apple store.

I told this story to the Apple rep, and he said "believe it or not, AT&T is actually the best at this." Double Wow.

Anyway, I have the phone, and AT&T is on VERY thin ice with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.