Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rednotbeige

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Hi, I'm having great fun trying out the new camera features on my 5s, but when trying to view a slo mo video on the TV, by airplaying it to the Apple TV, I just get (on the TV screen) a blank screen with a square in the bottom left corner displaying a musical note symbol. The sound does play through the Apple TV but not the video. I thought this was maybe to do with the 120fps.

However, I airdropped it to my partner's iphone 5, and not only can the video be played in slo mo on the 5, it can also airplay it correctly to the Apple TV, with picture, and showing the slo mo.

Any suggestions on whether I might have a setting wrong, whether it's a general 5s bug or possibly something specific to my phone?

Hopefully if it is a general bug it will get fixed in a future software update.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Same thing with my 6+

I had a similar problem with my 6+ phone trying to airplay some slo mo video I had recorded. I have not tried sending the video to another device yet. Anyone else tried anything that worked for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.