Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
This last episode had one of the worst moments in the series. The van scene. Other than that, it wasn't a bad episode.

I have a feeling they will wrap up the Beth stuff pretty quick.

I agree. I don't see coming through that van falling off the bridge. Plus the driver's airbag deployed. The van wasn't running or moving. Not going to happen.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Watch the van scene again if you want to hate it even more. As the van falls, it looks like it will flip over or at least, land on its front. Then, you see it fall right on all four tires like it was picked up and dropped. I just hate stuff like this and I hate when characters get themselves into a jam that is easily avoided. They see walkers coming, but they both get in the van. No one stands outside of it so they can yell to the other one that the walkers are getting close, and they need to run. Yup, that's the actions of two people who survived this long.

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Hey folks! I live in Castleberry Hill, one of the main neighborhoods in Downtown Atlanta where this show is filmed. I don't really watch the show but I come across them filing pretty regularly. That said, I am a photographer so if you guys would like to see photos of certain areas or scenes, please let me know. I'd like to take on a little project of documenting as much as I can. Feel free to PM or reply to this thread.:)

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Hey folks! I live in Castleberry Hill, one of the main neighborhoods in Downtown Atlanta where this show is filmed. I don't really watch the show but I come across them filing pretty regularly. That said, I am a photographer so if you guys would like to see photos of certain areas or scenes, please let me know. I'd like to take on a little project of documenting as much as I can. Feel free to PM or reply to this thread.:)

Cool! Thanks for the offer.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

And here I was expecting an open invite to stay with you during filming. Lol, just kidding. :D Do you have any good pics during shooting or are you mostly talking landscapes?

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Sunday the 7th is the mid-season finale if I am not mistaken. I know you guys/gals are talking about something at this point.

So, supposedly someone doesn't make it out alive, any guesses on who it will be?

Me: Tyreese.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
...So, supposedly someone doesn't make it out alive, any guesses on who it will be?

Me: Tyreese.

Survey says... [loud klaxon, big red X in a box]

Yes, the loss tonight is a bit of a shock, especially to Daryl (if Daryl himself ever buys the farm, well, a growing legion of female fans might start a riot). Almost equally shocked was my wife.

However, these things need to happen to keep the scenario realistic. Having the regular cast simply make it through season after season, situation after situation, would make it really hard for viewers to "suspend disbelief" after a couple of seasons.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Yeah, just like in the comic book, existing characters must die even when you least expect it.

Talking Dead mentioned that a gay character from the comic book will be making an appearance which can only mean one thing!

B

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Very interesting episode tonight. I must say I'm kinda disappointed in the whole Beth/hospital storyline. Maybe I just didn't pick up on the clues, but I don't feel like I really understand what happened there at all. I get that Beth sacrificed herself in the end, but was it worth it? With the Governor and Terminus it was pretty easy to tell "the good guys from the bad guys", but the hospital situation was so ambivalent that I don't know what's what. Maybe that was the whole point; I'm not sure.

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
Just saw the encore and watching Talking Dead.

I was expecting Beth dying but still shocked from it. It just sucks that this is two seasons in a row where another member of Herschel's family died mid-season.

Though, I am glad that Dawn died in this episode. She's one manipulative cop and that was satisfying for me.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Survey says... [loud klaxon, big red X in a box]

Yes, the loss tonight is a bit of a shock, especially to Daryl (if Daryl himself ever buys the farm, well, a growing legion of female fans might start a riot). Almost equally shocked was my wife.

However, these things need to happen to keep the scenario realistic. Having the regular cast simply make it through season after season, situation after situation, would make it really hard for viewers to "suspend disbelief" after a couple of seasons.

Yeah if Daryl ever bits the dust, oh boy, standby!!!! :eek::D

Just saw the encore and watching Talking Dead.

I was expecting Beth dying but still shocked from it. It just sucks that this is two seasons in a row where another member of Herschel's family died mid-season.

Though, I am glad that Dawn died in this episode. She's one manipulative cop and that was satisfying for me.

I agree, I am glad she got it in the end.

Well I was wrong about Tyreese, sad to see Beth go, at least she went rather quickly though and there is no chance of seeing her come back as a walker.

Well, if it is the character I am thinking, season six or seven, depending on how they play this out, we will see a pretty bad character and lose a very well licked character in a pretty brutal way!

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I was completely taken off guard when Beth got iced. I thought that she was going to pass the scissors to Noah who was going to take out the top cop. Very surprised. Of course, I didn't read the comics.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Did Beth really think she was going to kill that cop? And the cop shot her in the head so quickly... That whole scene was like a whirlwind. Did any of the hospital folks tag along?

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
Did Beth really think she was going to kill that cop? And the cop shot her in the head so quickly... That whole scene was like a whirlwind. Did any of the hospital folks tag along?

It doesn't seem like anyone from the hospital tagged along, which bugged me a little because why would anyone stay in that place considering how they have all been treated? Then again, the other lady cop did say that everything that happened in the end was all about Dawn. Now that she's out of the way, perhaps they might actually have a chance at a "normal" life in a world ruled by zombies?

Last edited:

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
I was shocked. Never saw that coming, and just don't understand why they bothered. If they were going to kill Beth, why waste so much time on the hospital arc?

As much as I like the show, I do have to agree with you on why they bother wasting so much time on someone they're just going to kill.

For example, I didn't like how so much time was spent with The Governor in seasons 3 and 4 only to have both the town and the prison burn to the ground in the end.

From here on out, I hope they stop just killing people off, especially anyone who's been with the group from season 1 and 2, and actually get somewhere. What I'm really hoping to see is the group finally get out of Atlanta and see how the Morgan arc plays out. I'd love to see some more exploring of the zombie world instead of holing up and scavenging from place to place trying to survive.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Did Beth really think she was going to kill that cop? And the cop shot her in the head so quickly... That whole scene was like a whirlwind.

Dawn's eyes made it crystal clear to me that she didn't intend to shoot Beth. As soon as she realized what had happened she just couldn't de-eascalate it.

I was shocked. Never saw that coming, and just don't understand why they bothered. If they were going to kill Beth, why waste so much time on the hospital arc?

That's part of the reality of their existence. Unexpected stuff happens, like Carol crossing the street and getting run over by the one car in Atlanta.

It doesn't seem like anyone from the hospital tagged along, which bugged me a little because why would anyone stay in that place considering how they have all been treated?

Noah left with Rick's party.

B

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
That's part of the reality of their existence. Unexpected stuff happens, like Carol crossing the street and getting run over by the one car in Atlanta.

Noah left with Rick's party.

B

I think they were asking if anyone besides Noah joined Rick's party. Which, doesn't seem to be the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.