Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bentom13

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2014
Hi!

I currently have a Toshiba Canivo 2TB external hard drive, aswell as an additional 320GB external hard drive.

I currently us the 320GB drive to backup my RMBP (256GB SSD) and use the 2TB drive for backing up my Windows PC (64GB SSD + 500GB HDD) as well as data storage and another backup of my sisters MBP.

I will also soon have a new Retina iMac in early December. Therefore i am looking to find a good solution to back up these 4 devices. I will be backing up the iMac most regularly as well as my RMBP. However the Windows PC i will not be using as much and my sisters MBP will only be backed up once a month when she is back from uni.

I am unsure in what the best solution for this is. I am considering buying another 2TB drive so that i can use that for backups and the old for data storage.

Should a get a NAS device or just a Harddrive that can be accessed from the network?

The maximum i really would like to spend is £100, does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.