Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aifon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2014
2a9dda5fa2950dbd93cb736509cdfdfe.jpg

Hi guys, my current iphone is the 4 with 8Gb. I'm really happy with them and I just saw a 2nd hand one (on the photo) with 16Gb. I have a speaker with Bluetooth, and my idea is use that iPhone as an iPod with that Bluetooth speaker. the phone works, is the 16Gb model and the price is AU$20. it's looked so I have to jailbreak if I buy it.

do you think that is the 3GS?
and is a good idea use it as an iPod Bluetooth for AU$20?

thanks guys

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That appears to be a 3Gs. They're still good devices. Just don't expect any great amounts of speed out of them when running later versions of iOS.

aifon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2014
sorry I can't see the number too :/ (I'm far of the shop) I don't spect speed, I just want to use the 16gb to put music and listen them using their Bluetooth with my little speaker.
ok I'll go to the shop again and if still there I'll buy it :) thanks!

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
A 3GS would work fine as a basic iPod. I think on iOS 6 you can download the last compatible version of apps, but iOS 6 really slows it down.

I would love to have one just for nostalgia reasons.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
A 3GS would work fine as a basic iPod. I think on iOS 6 you can download the last compatible version of apps, but iOS 6 really slows it down.

I would love to have one just for nostalgia reasons.
I had a 3GS for a couple of years. When I first got it I used it as a WiPhone (Talkatone for SMS/Calls and Messages app for iMessage, all over WiFi).

I had it jailbroken on iOS 6.1 when I gave it up to a friend. Little slow, but it worked just fine und iOS 6. It was operating as a media device and game machine for my kids before I gave it up.

Now, it's being used as a regular phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.