Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
I accidentally deleted my printer software from my macbook. I reinstalled the print files from the HP disk but I'm now having problems printing. When I send a file to print the green light on the printer blinks twice and the job goes to the print queue and then says it's been completed, but nothing comes out of the printer.

Can anyone help? I know these are old machines, but I never had a problem before.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Why are you still running 10.4 ? It is more than 9 years old......

Presumably it came installed on your MacBook and you have never upgraded even though 10.4 now has serious security issues.

The software for your printer is probably available for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).......

SanJacinto

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Milky Way Galaxy
I accidentally deleted my printer software from my macbook. I reinstalled the print files from the HP disk but I'm now having problems printing. When I send a file to print the green light on the printer blinks twice and the job goes to the print queue and then says it's been completed, but nothing comes out of the printer.

Can anyone help? I know these are old machines, but I never had a problem before.

This is sooooo cool. OS X Tiger rules!!
Last year I saw a girl next to me in my university library studying.
She had (and possibly still has) a beautiful white MacBook with 10.4.11 on it.
Great.
Beautiful girl with a beautiful OS X.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
This is sooooo cool. OS X Tiger rules!!
Last year I saw a girl next to me in my university library studying.
She had (and possibly still has) a beautiful white MacBook with 10.4.11 on it.
Great.
Beautiful girl with a beautiful OS X.

By the way, it's a more modern OS than Windows XP. Also, it costed $129, way more expensive than these newer versions of OSX offered for free.

SanJacinto

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Milky Way Galaxy
By the way, it's a more modern OS than Windows XP. Also, it costed $129, way more expensive than these newer versions of OSX offered for free.

Yes indeed.
I truly love it. Tiger reminds me of the "old" Apple, at least for me.
In those days you as Mac user wasn't in the focus that much. Now, since the arrival of the iPhone, everyone talks about Apple and all of my friends (all Apple haters) always think they have a reason to criticise Apple - bendgate, iOS x.y. problems, price etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.