Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
I have a CalDigit SuperSpeed Usb 3.0 Card in the PCIe slot 3 of my Mac Pro 2009 Quad Core Nehalem, with Mac OS X 10.6.6.
The card is recognized in the System Profiler, but I am unable to install the "USB3_Driver_10_6_X_1.1.9" from the CalDigit Cd-Rom. The two packages IOUSBFamily_10_6 and CalDigitUSBcHCI_10_6 are grayed out in the "ad hoc setup" window, I cannot select them and if I press the "standard installation" button nothing happens: the "install button" is and stays grayed out. The driver package CalDigit_USB3_Driver_10_6_X_1.1.9 on my Cd-Rom is just 1.3 MBytes. There are no downloadable drivers from CalDigit's website. Do you have any suggestion or could you send me your Snow Leopard drivers to check if mine are corrupted?

Attachments

• caldigit.jpg
    caldigit.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 220

joaoferro37

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Vogon Planet Destructor
Just another non working CalDigit product.
Using any USB 3.0 Card, get the Hacked LaCie usb 3.0 driver.
CalDigit is just another Chinese manufacture who does not have any relationship with Apple nor Intel which means, you don't get driver support.
Why CalDigit?

rock.star

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2014
CalDigit is just another Chinese manufacture who does not have any relationship with Apple nor Intel which means, you don't get driver support.
Why CalDigit?

yes I'am aware this is a old thread but... just to correct the incorrect information here. CalDigit is not a Chinese manufacture it is from US and uses only tested Toshiba and Hitachi drives.

Should compare fail rate of drives... you find quickly LaCie is on top of that list with there cheap comments and low priced selection of drive modules.
There expensive design won't help there bad quality.

Synchro3

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I have a CalDigit SuperSpeed Usb 3.0 Card in the PCIe slot 3 of my Mac Pro 2009 Quad Core Nehalem, with Mac OS X 10.6.6.
The card is recognized in the System Profiler, but I am unable to install the "USB3_Driver_10_6_X_1.1.9" from the CalDigit Cd-Rom. The two packages IOUSBFamily_10_6 and CalDigitUSBcHCI_10_6 are grayed out in the "ad hoc setup" window, I cannot select them and if I press the "standard installation" button nothing happens: the "install button" is and stays grayed out. The driver package CalDigit_USB3_Driver_10_6_X_1.1.9 on my Cd-Rom is just 1.3 MBytes. There are no downloadable drivers from CalDigit's website. Do you have any suggestion or could you send me your Snow Leopard drivers to check if mine are corrupted?

I would update to OS X 10.6.8. Than try install again.

----------

Why CalDigit?

Had only the best experience with my Caldigit FASTA-6GU3 and my Caldigit FASTA-6GU3 Pro, unlike to other cards. No boot lags, option boot working, no issues with boot camp windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.