Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oYx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
London
Not sure when this started, but I begin to notice that every time I start Safari, the same tabs would open even after closing them before exiting the browser.

This seems to be recurring across other apps. For example, Quicksilver would always ask me if I want to read the update log for the new version, even though I had clicked "Ignore" many times before.

Vox (music player) would always bring me through the start-up introduction even though I have completed it the first time.

Some apps would always trigger the "Allow apps to control your computer" even after having approved it many times over.

I tried the following:

Clearing out the ~/Library/Cache folder and restarting. Did not work.

Repairing disk permissions. Did not work too.

Exited one of the above apps, deleted its preference files, open it again. Did not work.

Hope someone could provide a solution! :)

Last edited:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Well, I don't know about some of those apps but for Safari set your "general" pane in preferences similar to mine. Do not have "Restore Last Session" enacted or a specific homepage set if you don't want that for "New windows open with" and "new tabs open with".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 2.40.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 2.40.07 PM.png
    383.5 KB · Views: 122

oYx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
London
Thanks for the reply!

I have tried that before and it did not work. Even tried resetting Safari.

The way the other apps are behaving makes me think that it is a system issue somewhere.

sharon22

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
I believe it's a BUG
(Same thing happens to me -- and I *definitely* have that silly "open previous applications" thingy UNchecked).

To aggressively "freshen up" Safari, you can go to
YourUserName/Library/Safari
and clear out everything *except* bookmarks.

sharon22

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
I'm a big fan of Onyx. Always a good idea to do some sort of a 'backup' before running these types of programs; however, I've *never* had anything go bad from using it, and, I use it minimum once per week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.