Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Streamlines

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Title kinda says it all...

I'm getting a 6+ from my local VZW store in a few weeks. Can I head down the road to my local Apple Retail store and add Applecare+ to the phone?

Can I get Applecare+ on line instead?

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
Yes. Call Apple and they can do a remote check to make sure the phone is working. Or go to Apple Store.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Title kinda says it all...

I'm getting a 6+ from my local VZW store in a few weeks. Can I head down the road to my local Apple Retail store and add Applecare+ to the phone?

Can I get Applecare+ on line instead?

Yes. Pick it up at the Apple Store or if you can tell Apple that it's not convenient/feasible for you to get to an Apple Store, you can do it via phone.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I got my iPhone 6 from Future Shop (in Canada). A month or so later I walked into an Apple store and purchased Applecare+. They sales guy just looked at my Serial #, typed it into his portable iPod touch, I paid via VISA and got email receipt - all took about 2 minutes. He didn't even want me to take out of case or examine it... just wanted serial number.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I got my phone from Verizon and went to a certified Apple repair store and they checked over my phone and sold me the warranty. The place was called Mac Pros which is a local certified store. You can do a search in your city. Choose Service.

https://locate.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.