Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Both Target and Best Buy have their iPad Air deals live now.

Best Buy has $100 off.

Target has $140 Gift card and if you use a Target Red Card you get 5% off.

Just ordered a 64GB iPad Air 2 from Target and it was $30 off with the Red Card along with the $140 gift card = $170 off. Great deal.

tenganis

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2013
Both Target and Best Buy have their iPad Air deals live now.

Best Buy has $100 off.

Target has $140 Gift card and if you use a Target Red Card you get 5% off.

Just ordered a 64GB iPad Air 2 from Target and it was $30 off with the Red Card along with the $140 gift card = $170 off. Great deal.

Congrats! I did the same as you, super happy with this deal :cool:

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Looks like most of the air 2 are out of stock already. Crazy. Hope it's not a website typo. Can't order 64gb cellulR air 2 models.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
get 'em while you can! lol

Just ended up ordering wifi $599 64gb model. Wanted cellular 64gb model. I had it in my cart cellular but it was sold out. Only have 16gb cellular mode left but 16gb way too little

Kinda of sucks. I can live with wifi model. I have a cellular Verizon iPad 3 with my unlimited sim in there 100% of the time I can tether off any wifi device when on road trips/hotels. But wanted to retire iPad 3 cellular model (have 2 kids).

Currently have 2 iPad air (2013 models wifi) plus iPad 3 cellular So wanted iPad Air 2 w cellular plus two iPad air one models wifi.

lyutin

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
exchanging for a different color later

Hey, quick question - like some of you the color of the iPad air 2 that i wanted was sold out, so i got another color. Later on when availability is available, would the store let me exchange for a different color iPad? Do they allow that?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Hey, quick question - like some of you the color of the iPad air 2 that i wanted was sold out, so i got another color. Later on when availability is available, would the store let me exchange for a different color iPad? Do they allow that?

It may be tricky exchanging cause it's a sale item. I dunno. I know if you return it when there is gift card available they will refund you the price (minus ur gift card) unless you return the gift card as well. Target knows this gift card bundle business.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009

I was going to do that with Best Buy since the space grays were already all sold out at 4 AM, but Gold was not. I read online that Best Buy doesn't do exchanges, only returns so I decided against buying it.

Edit: Best Buy just restocked. All are available again.

Last edited:

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Meh! I got a $100 gift card a week ago when I bought my air 2 from Walmart. Just as good as cash for me since it can be used at Sam's clubs.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
We had purchased an iPad on Sunday to try and get a "price match" when the $140 gift card promotion started yesterday. One Target would not do it, but another one last night would.

So ended up getting the iPad Air 2 64GB for $599 - 5% RedCard Discount. When we bought it, they were having computer problems so they gave us a $5 Gift Card for our patience. So we have the $30 RedCard discount, $5 Gift Card, and $140 Gift Cards = $175 off. Great deal.

This morning I noticed Target was offering a 10% discount on Gift Cards from 6am to Noon online. I wondered if I could use my Target Gift cards to buy more Target Gift cards at 10% off. Yes, it worked!!! So I ended up using the $145 in Target gift cards to buy $160 in new Target Gift Cards. They will arrive next week.

So with that extra $15, the total savings on the iPad Air 2 64GB is now $190. I think that is about as good as I can do.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
My Target store had tons of iPads on hand earlier at around 4pm, plus they had another batch of them in the backroom. People should have no problems buying it.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Personally I rarely shop at Target so while the $140 gift card is technically a better deal than $100 off from Best Buy, the later worked better for me. Plus I got 5% cash back for using Discover. My air 2 shipped today, though it won't arrive for a week.

Best Buy's extended holiday return policy, does that only apply to unopened items?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
My Target store had tons of iPads on hand earlier at around 4pm, plus they had another batch of them in the backroom. People should have no problems buying it.

Target retail stores probably have a lot of 16/64gb wifi models. The real issue is target retail stores hardly stock anything more than 16gb cellular models.

If you are looking for 64gb/128gb cellular models at target retail store. Good luck. Those cellular models aren't even kept at many retail stores pre Black Friday to began with.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Our best and only discount on Air 2 only brought it down to the regular retail price in the US, and it was out of stock at Best Buy early morning :(

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
We had purchased an iPad on Sunday to try and get a "price match" when the $140 gift card promotion started yesterday. One Target would not do it, but another one last night would.

So ended up getting the iPad Air 2 64GB for $599 - 5% RedCard Discount. When we bought it, they were having computer problems so they gave us a $5 Gift Card for our patience. So we have the $30 RedCard discount, $5 Gift Card, and $140 Gift Cards = $175 off. Great deal.

This morning I noticed Target was offering a 10% discount on Gift Cards from 6am to Noon online. I wondered if I could use my Target Gift cards to buy more Target Gift cards at 10% off. Yes, it worked!!! So I ended up using the $145 in Target gift cards to buy $160 in new Target Gift Cards. They will arrive next week.

So with that extra $15, the total savings on the iPad Air 2 64GB is now $190. I think that is about as good as I can do.

Between Best Buy and Target, I was having a hard time too.

I decided to go to Best Buy, because I can trade in my old iPad 4, and Best Buy gave the best money for trade in, $283.

Though, Target offer $140 gift card, but the gift card means nothing to me if I have nothing to buy in Target. I have rarely bought anything from them.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Between Best Buy and Target, I was having a hard time too.

I decided to go to Best Buy, because I can trade in my old iPad 4, and Best Buy gave the best money for trade in, $283.

Though, Target offer $140 gift card, but the gift card means nothing to me if I have nothing to buy in Target. I have rarely bought anything from them.

I guess you don't buy groceries or basic essentials like toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper at Target.

Just amazes me when people say they can't find any thing essential to buy at Target or Walmart with their gift cards.

Just sayin. Maybe people have a great distaste for Targer and Walmart. Who knows. Just find it hard to imagine when people say they have nothing to buy in Target. Unless you do all ur shopping at Costco or some other place.

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
I guess you don't buy groceries or basic essentials like toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper at Target.

Just amazes me when people say they can't find any thing essential to buy at Target or Walmart with their gift cards.

Just sayin. Maybe people have a great distaste for Targer and Walmart. Who knows. Just find it hard to imagine when people say they have nothing to buy in Target. Unless you do all ur shopping at Costco or some other place.

I buy those things at Walmart. It is cheaper in Walmart than Target, unless I am wrong?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I buy those things at Walmart. It is cheaper in Walmart than Target, unless I am wrong?

Target matches any Walmart or even Amazon.com (sold directly by Amazon and not third party Amazon reseller). Target matches prices. It's painless. Take items to customer service at Target and have someone with iPad with Targer software to verify the prices to match.

But some people don't want to bother with gift cards. So I understand that as well.

I just load up target gift cards to my target app. So don't have to worry about losing them. Even if I lose my iPhone onces target gift card is loaded up go their servers I can still retrieve them. And you still need pin to access target gift card on the phone.

seasurfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Target matches any Walmart or even Amazon.com (sold directly by Amazon and not third party Amazon reseller). Target matches prices. It's painless. Take items to customer service at Target and have someone with iPad with Targer software to verify the prices to match.

But some people don't want to bother with gift cards. So I understand that as well.

I just load up target gift cards to my target app. So don't have to worry about losing them. Even if I lose my iPhone onces target gift card is loaded up go their servers I can still retrieve them. And you still need pin to access target gift card on the phone.

Thanks. Never know they do price match.

But the other reason I bought in Best Buy was because they offer the best trade in price for my iPad 4. Target offer was far too low. I need to sell my iPad 4 before I can get a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.