Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renatofast

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Hello, I have a problem with a mac late 2009,
the battery is death
no leds on charger
the only way to turn on the mac is pushing the power for 10 sec then disconnect the battery then connect again the battery then wait for 10 sec, mac on this way turn on but battery doesn't charge at all, the fan are at maximum speed.

Can I solve the problem buying another battery ?
where can i buy a genuine battery ?

Jonathon71

Suspended
Nov 23, 2014
Find the issue first

There is no guarantee that the new battery will work. So, first you have to find out where are the actual problem is. Maybe it's your device or maybe it's your device's battery. Find out first. Genuine battery will be at any apple store. You have to order first, then they will provide it to you.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Hello, I have a problem with a mac late 2009,
the battery is death
no leds on charger
the only way to turn on the mac is pushing the power for 10 sec then disconnect the battery then connect again the battery then wait for 10 sec, mac on this way turn on but battery doesn't charge at all, the fan are at maximum speed.

Can I solve the problem buying another battery ?
where can i buy a genuine battery ?

Did you try brushing the magsafe contacts? My Late-2009 Macbook was showing problems for charging because of bad contacts, so I brushed both the magsafe jack as the charger's input and everything went back to normal.

renatofast

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
There is no guarantee that the new battery will work. So, first you have to find out where are the actual problem is. Maybe it's your device or maybe it's your device's battery. Find out first. Genuine battery will be at any apple store. You have to order first, then they will provide it to you.
I bought a genuine apple china battery from ebay, it seems original, i'm waiting the battery, I hope solve it !

----------

Did you try brushing the magsafe contacts? My Late-2009 Macbook was showing problems for charging because of bad contacts, so I brushed both the magsafe jack as the charger's input and everything went back to normal.

I haven't tried but the battery had more than 900 cycles, anyway how can I clean the magsafe ?

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
I bought a genuine apple china battery from ebay, it seems original, i'm waiting the battery, I hope solve it !

----------

I haven't tried but the battery had more than 900 cycles, anyway how can I clean the magsafe ?

There are reports from users with near-perfectly functional batteries with 1000+ cycles. However, I think it depends on how much you stress the batteries. My late-2009 Macbook seems to be holding the original charge (and near 5-hours), but it's around 400 cycles.

renatofast

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
There are reports from users with near-perfectly functional batteries with 1000+ cycles. However, I think it depends on how much you stress the batteries. My late-2009 Macbook seems to be holding the original charge (and near 5-hours), but it's around 400 cycles.

I tried with a new genuine battery same problem, can be de magsafe connector ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.