Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evev12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Hi guys, quick question....my iphone is broken. My screen is smashed, but luckily I can still see it and it still responds but the micro usb/sync/charge port thingy whatever you call it is broken. I just switched to the samsung note but still have all my music and photos on my iphone. The contacts and basic stuff was easy to sync but how in the world can I get my music and photos off? iclound only gives my 5 gigs...will I have to update it or is there a way around having to buy more storage? I would do it manually but with the sync port broken its impossible.

Creation5

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2014
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hi guys, quick question....my iphone is broken. My screen is smashed, but luckily I can still see it and it still responds but the micro usb/sync/charge port thingy whatever you call it is broken. I just switched to the samsung note but still have all my music and photos on my iphone. The contacts and basic stuff was easy to sync but how in the world can I get my music and photos off? iclound only gives my 5 gigs...will I have to update it or is there a way around having to buy more storage? I would do it manually but with the sync port broken its impossible.

Have you tried using iCloud and Dropbox? I believe you get 2GB free space for signing up, and can "earn" up to 24GB extra by taking the tour, referring friends or downloading their new Carousel app.

I believe it can only do Photos and Videos though, so try using iCloud for all your music (assuming your music library fits...)

Good luck!

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
You did not say which Iphone was involved. But it is not that expensive or difficult to fix those two problems if the data is important enough. You can then sell the phone to recover the cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.