Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbty824

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Just wondering if this version is safe to use for ios 8.1? I checked the developers twitter feed and he says to uncheck cydia for now until he updates the app to 7.3.

What about with Safari... any issues there as well?

Thanks!

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
Just wondering if this version is safe to use for ios 8.1? I checked the developers twitter feed and he says to uncheck cydia for now until he updates the app to 7.3.

What about with Safari... any issues there as well?

Thanks!

it works.. i have tried it with Cydia checked and unchecked and it did not cause any issues. But I'd leave it unchecked to be safe.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
You can follow his progress here on twitter @SoftHardW

He states iCleanerPro 7.3.0 will be released to public in a few days as of 6hrs ago...

coope240

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2014
wait to use iCleaner Pro

So i used iCleaner Pro on my jailbroken 8.1 iPhone 6 64Gg, I turned off the Launch Daemons for Over the Air Updates, got stuck into a boot loop, had to restore to factor settings. There is a warning when you use iCleaner, i guess thats what they were talking about. id at least wait until a version for 8.1 comes out.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
humble warning...i just ran icleaner for the first time, basic settings. cleared out almost half-a-gig...which i guess should have made me nervous.

lost some of my customizations...now trying to piece things back together. :(

your mileage (of course) may vary...

EDIT: back in business. whatever files were deleted...nothing of consequence is gone. had to uninstall/reinstall a couple of apps, but all is well. icleaner is probably fine for most people, but...deleted it here..!

Last edited:

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
These are my settings on iCleaner Pro and haven't had any issues. I'm on 7.3.0-beta5. Should I update to 7.3.1? Is it safe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 212

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
So i used iCleaner Pro on my jailbroken 8.1 iPhone 6 64Gg, I turned off the Launch Daemons for Over the Air Updates, got stuck into a boot loop, had to restore to factor settings. There is a warning when you use iCleaner, i guess thats what they were talking about. id at least wait until a version for 8.1 comes out.

FYI, there is no need to disable the OTA daemon. The pangu jailbreak disables OTA updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.