Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
I've definitely noticed prices rising these past few weeks. If you have one you're not using, now is the best time to sell.

crazzapple

Oct 19, 2014
No surprise. I expect them to only continue higher as the 2012 quad will be the fastest mac mini for possibly years to come. Bonus that you can add RAM yourself and room for two 2.5" ssds.

unlimitedx0

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2014
I've definitely noticed prices rising these past few weeks. If you have one you're not using, now is the best time to sell.
I listed a new, sealed one the other week. Set it up as an Auction with a Reserve Price. I set the min. bid amount to $620. I also offered a Buy It Now option ($975). Within 4 hours, I received an email that my 2.3 quad sold!

eBay fees are 10% of final selling price, which includes shipping charges. Then there's additional $10 - 20 expenses (if you didn't add these to "handling" fees) to cover insurance and extra shipping options like Signature Required. On top of that, PayPal takes 2.9% of the total paid by the buyer.

While it sounds lucrative, the fees cut into your profit. I would highly recommend a Reserve Price to not incur a loss (note: eBay charges 1% of the Reserve Price..and it's charged even if the item is NOT sold - e.g. you decide to close the listing early.

Your profit is less 15% of the selling price.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
People are flipping these on eBay when the refurb comes available. Fairly decent amount of money can be made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.