Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
I'm guessing that about 90% of you iphone 6 folks in this forum already know this, but for the 10% who may not, I throw this out there:

On the iphone 6, it can be hard to reach the upper corner function keys. As a left handed user, for instance, my thumb can't quite comfortably get to the upper left corner to hit the 'back' button in various apps and settings. This is one of the things I feared about getting this phone.

But once I got the phone I realized I don't have to reach up there most of the time. I just swipe the screen to the right and it takes me where that back key would have taken me.

Voila! No more awkward stretches.

Rlong405

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Uk
You can do that on any of the iPhone's with IOS7 or later (although it is particularly useful on the 6 as you say).

Are you also familiar with reachibility? You double tap (not double click) the home button and the screen will come down temporarily enabling you to reach the top buttons. Think this one only works with the 6 and 6+ plus happy to be corrected on that one.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Are you also familiar with reachibility? You double tap (not double click) the home button and the screen will come down temporarily enabling you to reach the top buttons. Think this one only works with the 6 and 6+ plus happy to be corrected on that one.

I've heard of reachability, but can't get it work for some reason. Double tap does nothing, while double click brings recent contacts and open apps into view. Am I doing something wrong? EDIT: Got it now. It needed to be enabled.

I'll enable it and see if I actually use it. I had put my least used apps on the top rows.

Rlong405

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Uk
I only use it now and again when I'm feeling particularly lazy and can't be bothered to stretch my fingers. But there's no harm in having it enabled I suppose. You then always have the option.

heycal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
I only use it now and again when I'm feeling particularly lazy and can't be bothered to stretch my fingers. But there's no harm in having it enabled I suppose. You then always have the option.

I think the reason I didn't was because I didn't want it happening accidentally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.