Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello,
I recently purchased an adapter which has the ability to convert the output from the macbook pro to vga+hdmi+dvi.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261577127390?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

C995__1_.jpg

However, when I plug it in, nothing happens. The screen flashes but that's it. I go to the settings page, I see that an external screen has been detected, even gives me the ability to adjust the resolution but nothing appears on the connected screen. Any idea on what's happening? is the adapter faulty?

PS: I tried connecting to the HDMI with a thunderbolt to HDMI cable, that woks!

sebseb

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2014
Maybe the connections are loose or not soldered well inside the box. I remember a friend of mine bought an aftermarket DP to VGA and it didn't work. She purchased an apple OEM and it worked without any issues.

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
I would recommend purchasing an Apple DisplayPort adapter or purchasing one from a reputable manufacture that provides support for their products

Agreed, I've rarely seen no-name adapters work well, especially over the long term.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.