Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applebutter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
I've had this game for a few days and I've scoured the www looking for a way to increase the resolution from 800 * 600 all of the info I find doesn't work.

I've tried command return and set the res that way, and I've tried options .ini neither worked.

I'm running Yosemite any ideas :)

Thanks

TG-Thakkar

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Hi applebutter,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Have you tried setting the resolution manually in Options.ini located at:

~/Library/Preferences/Command and Conquer - Red Alert 3 Preferences/p_drive/User/Applications Data/Red Alert 3/Profiles/<Your Profile>/Options.ini ? Could be that you didn't save the file after editing it?

If that doesn't work, I would suggest opening the 'config' file located at ~/Library/Preferences/Command and Conquer - Red Alert 3 Preferences/ folder and under the [sdldrv] section, you will see "Desktop" = "N". Change that to "Desktop" = "1920x1080" or any other resolution you want the game to start up in. Note that this will cause the game to launch in windowed mode. You can switch to fullscreen mode via Cmd+Enter.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please contact us at "support AT transgaming DOT com" and I'll be more than happy to investigate this further.

applebutter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Hi applebutter,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Have you tried setting the resolution manually in Options.ini located at:

~/Library/Preferences/Command and Conquer - Red Alert 3 Preferences/p_drive/User/Applications Data/Red Alert 3/Profiles/<Your Profile>/Options.ini ? Could be that you didn't save the file after editing it?

If that doesn't work, I would suggest opening the 'config' file located at ~/Library/Preferences/Command and Conquer - Red Alert 3 Preferences/ folder and under the [sdldrv] section, you will see "Desktop" = "N". Change that to "Desktop" = "1920x1080" or any other resolution you want the game to start up in. Note that this will cause the game to launch in windowed mode. You can switch to fullscreen mode via Cmd+Enter.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please contact us at "support AT transgaming DOT com" and I'll be more than happy to investigate this further.

I sent an email to you, thanks for the reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.