Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hi there!

Setup: MacMini (2014), OSX Yosemite, iTunes 12 (latest update) as media server, 3 ATV's
Homesharing is set up and sharing of Music, Movies, TV Shows & Home Videos works perfectly fine. For "Screen Saver" i can also chose my media library (though loading takes quite some time).

Problem: Sharing of "Photos" does not work properly. Once the ATV's went to sleep and wake up again, "Photos" does not appear any longer in the media library. Then I have to access the MacMini remotely (that machine runs unattended, without screen, keyboard, mouse). In "HomeSharing" I have to un-tick the box "Share Photos" and apply that, close that window, wait a while, then tick the box "Share Photos" again and apply and close the window. After that procedure the "Photos appear again in the library list.

That is very annoying :( - any solutions for that problem?
Thanks!
Holger

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Hi there!

Setup: MacMini (2014), OSX Yosemite, iTunes 12 (latest update) as media server, 3 ATV's
Homesharing is set up and sharing of Music, Movies, TV Shows & Home Videos works perfectly fine. For "Screen Saver" i can also chose my media library (though loading takes quite some time).

Problem: Sharing of "Photos" does not work properly. Once the ATV's went to sleep and wake up again, "Photos" does not appear any longer in the media library. Then I have to access the MacMini remotely (that machine runs unattended, without screen, keyboard, mouse). In "HomeSharing" I have to un-tick the box "Share Photos" and apply that, close that window, wait a while, then tick the box "Share Photos" again and apply and close the window. After that procedure the "Photos appear again in the library list.

That is very annoying :( - any solutions for that problem?
Thanks!
Holger

Do you use the iCloud shared streams feature? I do and always find my pics there

hobro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
No - I don't use the iCloud feature - we live a bit rural in New Zealand and the internet access is good but data is expansive :(
I have about 25,000 pictures in 100s of subfolders and just showing some folders (approx. 10) at a time with approx. 1,000 pictures (usually the most recent).
I imported all photos in iPhoto (though I do not really like that application because it generates one massive database) and that seems to work (choosing just some "events" to show). Positive side effect: Loading on the ATV seems to be faster :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.