Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

His.Dudeness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
I just purchased the iPod Classic, 7th Generation (160GB) for the sole purpose of using it with my Bose Sound dock. However, after loading up all my music on it from iTunes and plugging it into the dock, I get nothing. It doesn't charge the iPod, nor does any music come out of the speaker. Does anyone know if there are specific setting I must go through on the iPod in order for this to work with my sound dock or is this generation of the iPod Classic just not compatible with Bose?

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
sounds like the sound dock isn't working. Even if not on the right setting, it should at least charge it. Does it work with any other ipods? Does the sound dock work for other inputs?

His.Dudeness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
iPod Classic 7th Gen

Hey grockk... I have two other ipods that work with my sound dock, to include a bluetooth device, so I can connect with my iphone 5s and other bluetooth enabled devices. So in short, the Bose is working perfectly.

walk/run

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2014
I just purchased the iPod Classic, 7th Generation (160GB) for the sole purpose of using it with my Bose Sound dock. However, after loading up all my music on it from iTunes and plugging it into the dock, I get nothing. It doesn't charge the iPod, nor does any music come out of the speaker. Does anyone know if there are specific setting I must go through on the iPod in order for this to work with my sound dock or is this generation of the iPod Classic just not compatible with Bose?

I'm new to the iPod 7gen also,have been using cassettes for the past 20 years for my run/walks. So I step up and purchase the nano 7. Less than 2 hours on it and I have to charge it. So I started googling battery life and found out that I had the radio on,the lite on for the screen,and god knows what else. So now I'm going through a battery test,started it 9am this morning,and it's still going strong. Will run it until it needs charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.