Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haleas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2014
Hello, I deleted my icloud account off my macbook and then my hard-drive failed, is it still possible to access my old icloud account even though I cannot turn on my laptop anymore and I deleted it off my laptop?

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
There have been threads about people WANTING to delete their iCloud accounts...it can't be done. Even when someone dies (my father recently) I had to send the death certificate to get his account deleted.

If you sign in to iCloud on a new computer, or your old computer with a new hard drive, tick all the boxes you want to sync, your data should still all be there, and will sync to your new computer/hard drive.

What do you mean by "your laptop device does not come up" ? Where does it not come up?

Last edited:

haleas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2014
I signed in into my iCloud account on a different computer because my laptop in currently with apple services to get a new hard drive, they did a backup and it was unsuccessful, so when I signed into my account the other device that pops up is for my iPhone, so was just curious why if my laptop information was somehow deleted or what, thanks again for all your help.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I signed in into my iCloud account on a different computer because my laptop in currently with apple services to get a new hard drive, they did a backup and it was unsuccessful, so when I signed into my account the other device that pops up is for my iPhone, so was just curious why if my laptop information was somehow deleted or what, thanks again for all your help.

Information on your laptop is lost, if you did not have any backups. Your email (if you use iCloud) will still be on Apple's servers. Any documents you saved on iCloud will still be on apple servers. Any other files will not be there.

I'm still not sure what you're looking to do, but hopefully the information above is a bit helpful.

bottom line, without a backup most of your data is probably gone, other then your emails.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Information on your laptop is lost, if you did not have any backups. Your email (if you use iCloud) will still be on Apple's servers. Any documents you saved on iCloud will still be on apple servers. Any other files will not be there.

I'm still not sure what you're looking to do, but hopefully the information above is a bit helpful.

bottom line, without a backup most of your data is probably gone, other then your emails.

Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Bookmarks, Notes, Keychain, Photos (if ICPL beta on) should all be there as well as Mail

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.