Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
Hi All,

I've been running into an issue when uploading photos to my Air with iPhoto - It seems that the files are transferred and captured on my SD card just fine, and also preview fine in iPhoto, however, when I upload them they view corrupted and disoriented. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Please note that I just recently purchased a new SD card the other day in the event that my old one had an issue.

Photo below for reference:

dg43u8.jpg

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
A few thoughts, may help -- or be of no help at all...

Have you tried opening the photos in an app -other than- iPhoto?
Something like Picasa, Graphic Converter, Preview, etc.?
Same results?

You mentioned "SD card", that is what's in the camera, correct?
Would you consider spending about $10, and buying a USB card reader?
Then, take the card out of the camera, insert into card reader, connect to Mac, and copy over pics that way?

As a last resort, have you considered re-initializing the SD card (in the camera)?

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI
A few thoughts, may help -- or be of no help at all...

Have you tried opening the photos in an app -other than- iPhoto?
Something like Picasa, Graphic Converter, Preview, etc.?
Same results?

You mentioned "SD card", that is what's in the camera, correct?
Would you consider spending about $10, and buying a USB card reader?
Then, take the card out of the camera, insert into card reader, connect to Mac, and copy over pics that way?

As a last resort, have you considered re-initializing the SD card (in the camera)?

Thank you for the reply, it is of great help. I actually have not thought of buying a reader, opening them in a separate app OR re-initializing :eek: Looks like I have a list of things to do tonight!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.