Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMadsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
Hi

I have both a PC and a MAC.

What mail cloud - full pack service is best, for working and synch on both platforms. I use 1 pc, 1 macbook, 1 iphone, and 1 ipad - I want them all to be synch, with mail, calendar, contacts, cloud for pictures and files, browser links and history.

Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

What mail cloud - full pack service is best, for working and synch on both platforms. I use 1 pc, 1 macbook, 1 iphone, and 1 ipad - I want them all to be synch, with mail, calendar, contacts, cloud for pictures and files, browser links and history.
Dropbox, for files. I don't know of any elegant cross-platform solution for calendars or contacts, unless you use something like Google. Mail can be in sync between devices without the need for a cloud service.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi

Thanks.

A free Apple iCloud account will do what you want.

Follow this to set it up on all your devices. You will need this software on your PC to run iCloud.

I know it will sync bookmarks to Windows, but I don't think it will bring over your Windows browsing history.

reese2147

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2013
Hi

Thanks.

100% go with Microsoft products outlook.com (email, calendar, contacts) and OneDrive (photos and files). Syncs everything you want across all of your devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.