Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Looks like it's about time this thread gets locked.

If it should come to pass: in case some have forgotten, this is the first post in this thread:

It's hard to find decent review sites. There's just too much blatant bias these days. Sure every review has some bias, but at least separate the bias from the facts. That way the reader can make a decision on fact and the reviewers opinion. The Verge is probably one of the biggest offenders of Apple bias. So much so that people like Eric Griffen has referred to them as iVerge. But I think this article from a tech journalist really says it all. A very revealing article of the tech media and their relationship with Apple. I've always wondered why reviews of the iPhone have always had negatives/cons of the device so sugar coated or just not mentioned.

https://medium.com/@krautreporter/the-apple-media-distortion-field-644e9e7b8666

This is what is being said. The masses don't have a fair chance of accurately gauging the iphone and they just buy it based on reviews. You can wordsmith this anyway you want, I couldn't disagree more with the premise.

Sure, I would think some stuff goes on, as it does for all companies trying to sell, but this is blantantly stating people are just "isheep". Blindless followers going to buy an iphone without ever laying a hand on one, prior to the purchase; because of glowing reviews manipulated by apple.

The premise is my opinion is baloney, and having articles published on the internet, doesn't make it any truer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.