Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
I have personally never had an issue at that temperature or even colder. I actually wear headphones when snowboarding for multiple hours and used to use them when walking from place to place in the city for up to an hour at a time. I used fairly cheap earbuds ($20) or less as well.

tayluftwaffel

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
I've never had a problem with that. Worst I've had is the cable freezes, and it's hard to bend, but that's about all.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
But I do wear my headphones in the cold even with its snowing. What I do most of the time is close my jacket over the headphones so the button can work properly. But I haven't had any headphone failure with any iPhone.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
No issues yet - with my EarPods, SkullCandy, Tour In-Ear, and Samsung bundled earphones

Source: Temperature in my city last weekend -26 C

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
I've never noticed any ill effects with headphones in cold weather. The cable gets a wee bit stiffer but nothing other than that.

I suspect the drives' acoustics may change slightly, depending on the specific makeup of the unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.