Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ioannis.Terzis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
Being my first post Pls be kind.
I just bought a new mac mini i7 2.3 with 4gb ram ,2012 edition. Never used mac before so it was a big decision not only as a concept but as a badjet since I bought also a Dell monitor. still having dell 7110 laptop with win7
All so far very good response for Bluetooth keyboard and Logitech mouse recognized out of the box .
Two days ago it show me the option to upgrade to yosemite .
I thought, OK 2014 OS it should be better than 2011 (?) and I upgraded.
I have lost the very good response and the mac mini became slow.
What should I do ?downgrade to mavericks? Or upgrade the ram ? (Expensive option)
If downgrade to mavericks how should I do that?

Thanks for your time and sharing your opinions

Ioannis.Terzis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
Good day folks
Since I am not able to find mavericks on app store and I wouldn't touch torrent for such think I am asking if some has the willing to help me and upload to Internet drive the mavericks in order to download

Thanks

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Did you read my previous post regarding trying an "Internet Recovery"?
Apples Internet Recovery will install the Operating System version your Computer originally came with, and can be initiated by starting your computer while pressing the Command+Option+R keys.
Give it a try...

Ioannis.Terzis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
Thanks for info let tell i what I did . I reboot and press command +r and gave me options. I choose reinstall i gave the pass of the WiFi and next it shows me the logo of yosemite not mavericks. Where I do something wrong?

Last edited:

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Thanks for info let tell i what I did . I reboot and press command +r and gave me options. I choose reinstall i gave the pass of the WiFi and next it shows me the logo of yosemite not mavericks. Where I do something wrong?

As I posted above, the keys you need to press are "Command+Option+R"

If things go right you should see a 'spinning globe' indicating that an internet install is about to start, it is slow so be patient.

Last edited:

Ioannis.Terzis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
Good day jbarley. You where right, did what you describe and it took me to Internet recovery and went through with mavericks installation.
THANK YOU one more time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.