Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doobydoooby

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Genève, Switzerland
I have the inateck card working faultlessly under Yosemite in a Mac Pro 3,1. For people who are having trouble with the usb 3 external hard drives not being ejected, have a look at a simple piece of software called Jettison. It takes the hassle away and is a really simple automated solution.

nigelbb

macrumors 65816
Dec 22, 2012
I have the inateck card working faultlessly under Yosemite in a Mac Pro 3,1. For people who are having trouble with the usb 3 external hard drives not being ejected, have a look at a simple piece of software called Jettison. It takes the hassle away and is a really simple automated solution.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't much bothered by the warning message as the chances of any writes to disc being in flight while the Mac Pro goes to sleep are vanishingly small but this utility looks like just the ticket.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands

Thanks for your tip! Downloading the trial version now... :cool:

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
^^^^There have been reports on this forum that the Inateck KT4004 works fine in Yosemite. I had one, I now have the RocketU 1144C. Both worked fine for me in Yosemite.

Lou

Some people pointed out that the Amazon AD for the Inateck card indicates it won't work with Yosemite. This is false, it works fine. I spoke with Inateck yesterday and they told me it was an error on their part, and that the AD would soon be updated to reflect Yosemite compatibility.

eflude

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
okay yes I see there are a lot of thread on the subject of USB 3.0, but it seems like a lot of these cards are quirky, don't have updated drivers, etc. Just got a D800 camera and man transferring those 40 MB RAW files are slooooooow. I need to pimp my ride with a USB 3.0 card that actually works and doesn't have any negative side effects, works with mountain lion & mavericks, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good solid USB 3.0 card for my aging work horse?
[doublepost=1458076335][/doublepost]Inateck makes a 2 port and 4 port USB 3.0 pic card that works flawlessly on my Mac Pro 2009 (4.1). They are also cheap
At $29.99CAN for the 2 port and $35CAN for the 4 port. Work great with El Capitan unlike the $110US CARD I bought from MacSales that worked with Yosemite but NOT with El Capitan. Bith instead cards work even though the company says the 4 port won't work past 10.8.5 but it does!!

kudukudu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
sigh, can't stuff just work :( Just got a new 4 TB external drive for backup and noticed transfer speed are 13 MB/s and looking at my system report my external drive is connected on my USB 2.0 bus. Did a reboot just to see if behavior would be same with a fresh login and still on USB 2.0 bus using this inateck card. I am running El Capitan 10.11.6

Edit (Duh it would help if I plugged my new hard drive into the correct card). I accidentally plugged it into my old USB 2.0 card. Now that my external drive is plugged into my inateck, super duper is chugging away at 500 MB/s

Last edited:

MacPro3.1 owner ._.

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2018
okay yes I see there are a lot of thread on the subject of USB 3.0, but it seems like a lot of these cards are quirky, don't have updated drivers, etc. Just got a D800 camera and man transferring those 40 MB RAW files are slooooooow. I need to pimp my ride with a USB 3.0 card that actually works and doesn't have any negative side effects, works with mountain lion & mavericks, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good solid USB 3.0 card for my aging work horse?

i am actually looking for a graphics card update from my old ati radeon hd 5770, but i am also looking for a pcie usb welll..... thing because my mac is going to eventually become a server hooked up to a ton of drives.
I am still doing to use the computer normally so i would not like to use up my USB hub. I feel you

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
i am actually looking for a graphics card update from my old ati radeon hd 5770, but i am also looking for a pcie usb welll..... thing because my mac is going to eventually become a server hooked up to a ton of drives.
I am still doing to use the computer normally so i would not like to use up my USB hub. I feel you

There is a list of recommended cards. See link in my signature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.