Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youngmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
London
Thought i could leave IOS (after all these years) after spending 1 month with the Note 4, incredible phone but not for me. I couldn't believe i will miss IOS, i know you can't customise it and has the many features of Android phones. I know now why i used Iphones for so many years. All the apps are better on the iphone, It sync better with my mac than any other phone.
Note 4 has quad HD display but to me everything looks better on the iphone 6 unless you are watching 2k video. I wasn't using all the features to be honest. Did anybody had the same experience as me?

I missed:
1. Touch ID, the scanner on the samsung is not practical.
2. Smaller screen size. i thought i could get used to the nice 5.7' display. it was nice when at home but on the go i wish i had a smaller phone.
3. The search system on the iphone.
4. Icloud back up is better than other phones back up.
5. Most of importantly the quality of the apps on the App store.
6. The lag free IOS. Couldn't believe the note 4 had lags sometimes.

Anyway very happy to be back on macrumours. I think i'm not going to need my Android central forum account anymore :)

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Welcome back! Were you tempted at all by the iPhone 6 Plus after using the Note 4, or is the 6 the sweet spot for you?

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
just curious...how long did you keep the Note 4 and did you use any of the Note 4's advanced features --- S Pen, multiwindow, 4K recording?

serious question.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Sorta,

i decided to give an Android Tablet a try after being a hardcore IOS user, and i'm pretty sure i'm buying an IPAD when this thing dies.

oh wait it pretty much did die with the install of Lollipop

youngmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
London
Welcome back! Were you tempted at all by the iPhone 6 Plus after using the Note 4, or is the 6 the sweet spot for you?
Actually i did have the 6 plus before the note 4 for few days and returned it. I decided to try the best phablet on the market and it was the note 4. No the 6 size is best for me. I concluded from my experience I can't stand big phones. The 4.7 inch is comfortable enough to watch videos better than the iphone 5S and still comfortable used one handed.

just curious...how long did you keep the Note 4 and did you use any of the Note 4's advanced features --- S Pen, multiwindow, 4K recording?

serious question.
I had the note 4 for little bit more than a month, since end october. Yes i used the note 4 features but just at the beginning. S pen is nice, multiwindow wtaching youtube and browning chrome at the same time, i haven't used the 4k recording. Since the phone was big, i wasn't taking as much pictures as i used to in my iphones. SIZE OF PHONES IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I tinkered with a Moto G for a few days, then later a Windows phone. They both got returned. I continued to use my 4s until a few days ago. I updated to the 6+ but I couldn't adapt to the size so I returned it and ordered a 6 which seems like the perfect size to me. As for switching away from Apple, I just couldn't do it. I like the simplicity and ease of use on the iPhone too much.

youngmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
London
You bought a Samsung phone, with TouchWiz, and you expected it to be lag free?

Lol you are right. But lot of reviews were saying with the lag on note 4 is not as much as other older samsung phones, since the phone is very powerful. I think people that owned samsung phones before will agree. But coming from an IOS you will still notice the lag.

p3ntyne

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Lol you are right. But lot of reviews were saying with the lag on note 4 is not as much as other older samsung phones, since the phone is very powerful. I think people that owned samsung phones before will agree. But coming from an IOS you will still notice the lag.
It's definitely improved, but it's still there. So far, I've found Android 5 (stock) to be the smoothest and have the least lag.

youngmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
London
I tinkered with a Moto G for a few days, then later a Windows phone. They both got returned. I continued to use my 4s until a few days ago. I updated to the 6+ but I couldn't adapt to the size so I returned it and ordered a 6 which seems like the perfect size to me. As for switching away from Apple, I just couldn't do it. I like the simplicity and ease of use on the iPhone too much.

You are right 6 is the perfect size, to be honest. I think we were excited about the 6 plus. Still a great phone though, but as you have seen on the forums there is lot of people who can't decide between the 2 size.

I believe if you asking yourself which size is best or can't decide, 6 will be the best bet.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Sorta,

i decided to give an Android Tablet a try after being a hardcore IOS user, and i'm pretty sure i'm buying an IPAD when this thing dies.

oh wait it pretty much did die with the install of Lollipop
Which Android tablet is that? If you have lollipop already, it must be a Nexus, I assume?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Haven't ectensively used a note 4 but I do agree about the screen quality. We've suprassed the ppi necessry (for me anyway) on a mobile device. It's just overkill and doesn't make the screen look better. Some people swear by it though.

Deeds500

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
Thought i could leave IOS (after all these years) after spending 1 month with the Note 4, incredible phone but not for me. I couldn't believe i will miss IOS, i know you can't customise it and has the many features of Android phones. I know now why i used Iphones for so many years. All the apps are better on the iphone, It sync better with my mac than any other phone.
Note 4 has quad HD display but to me everything looks better on the iphone 6 unless you are watching 2k video. I wasn't using all the features to be honest. Did anybody had the same experience as me?

I missed:
2. Smaller screen size. i thought i could get used to the nice 5.7' display. it was nice when at home but on the go i wish i had a smaller phone.

Anyway very happy to be back on macrumours. I think i'm not going to need my Android central forum account anymore :)

You are 1,000 per cent correct. Been there, done that. Never again. The Note line is a great line, but for everything that it can do, there's an app for it on iTunes. It comes down to quality of use and reliability. Apple has those two factors signed, sealed and delivered.

I used a Note 3 for 4 weeks. As said above, never again.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
You are right 6 is the perfect size, to be honest. I think we were excited about the 6 plus. Still a great phone though, but as you have seen on the forums there is lot of people who can't decide between the 2 size.

I believe if you asking yourself which size is best or can't decide, 6 will be the best bet.

I am not sure about the perfect size. I love the iPhone 6 Plus

I ended up with a plus due to the craziness that went on the first night of preordering. I had meant to get a iPhone 6, but once the order went through I didn't want to try and modify it.

I don't regret that decision at all. At this point for me, the iPhone minus looks small.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Yes 2012 Nexus (still waiting for a fix to bring it back to usable state)
Ah. I've heard that the first gen N7 doesn't always handle lollipop very well. I haven't received the update on my 2013 yet, but even with the newer model I might have to think twice before installing. Some people are saying it makes their device perform better than ever, but some, like you, are saying that it ruins it.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Ah. I've heard that the first gen N7 doesn't always handle lollipop very well. I haven't received the update on my 2013 yet, but even with the newer model I might have to think twice before installing. Some people are saying it makes their device perform better than ever, but some, like you, are saying that it ruins it.

Oh well, i'm not faulting Andoid or my nexus for my decision to move to an IPAD, its more of a preference thing. Just like IOS better I think.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles

I missed:

Ok I am gonna check out with Android Central forum because I have a new LG G Pad with Kit Kat (4.4.2).... :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.