Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijanebond007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Hi I just got a iPhone 6 plus recently . I hear all Over if excellent battery life . My phone seems to go like 15 to 16 hours or so before needing to charge again . I've heard of 24 hours or more . I turned off location services and the backlight and shut down any back ground apps ... What is going on ? Or possibly ?

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Only had mine a week so maybe not the best judge since I've been using the crap out of it daily, all day long. That said I still get all day out of it which is all I need since I charge nightly no matter where the level's at.
Only thing I notice is playing my one and only game "scrabble" draws it down quicker. I'd expect more power hungry games would be much worse.
It does take a battery maybe a week or so to "settle in". Really depends on your usage tho. Some activities draw it down quicker than others. I do have a lot of things turned off in settings. Like the OEM weather app and every other thing I don't use. No need for them to be polling for info all the time if I don't use them.

Tomo1971

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014
People use their phones differently and the location of the nearest cell tower and network will make a difference too. As will how much you travel about. Hundreds of factors. Just enjoy your phone

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2011
The best advice, do a google search for battery tips. It will list the things you can adjust or turn off. Some of things you would never even think of. I do this every new IPhone and I get great battery life.

ijanebond007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks for the responses . I do enjoy the plus a lot . Just wondered if there was something up cause many have said even with heavy use they got 36 hours or 24 hours . Was mainly curious as to why and how

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Are you talking about Usage time or the Standby time? If usage time over 24 hours, then it is likely they were listening to music in the background. I don't think you can get 24-36 hours of straight usage.

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
Thanks for the responses . I do enjoy the plus a lot . Just wondered if there was something up cause many have said even with heavy use they got 36 hours or 24 hours . Was mainly curious as to why and how

My plus gets over 24 hours since I got it 1.5 months ago, I don't think I ever had to charge it during the day. I don't know how but I do use it regularly, checking emails, games, Netflix, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram etc.

drchimrichalds

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
interesting

People use their phones differently and the location of the nearest cell tower and network will make a difference too. As will how much you travel about. Hundreds of factors. Just enjoy your phone

I didnt know that about the cell towers. What causes that?

ijanebond007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Heehee ,

So you use it w the Facebook app or browser ??? And straight out it goes on w decent use for 24 hours ? If so , I'm jealous !!! Been figuring out what the fudge shoppe cookies is up w mine

Snaekolf

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
I'm having problems with my battery life too.

When I first got my 6+ I would go 16 hours of mixed usage (music, mail, text and web) and end up with about 70% left.

I used my phone camera heavily one day last week, draining the battery completely, and since then I've been seeing it completely drain to 0% in that same time with the same use.

I've cleaned up background apps, closed all unneeded apps, and reboots. No love.

I've even tried a battery reset by draining it all the way, leaving it that way for a few hours and then charging it all night. That fixed the problem for about two days. Now its back. My app usage is showing lock screen and mail taking up 50% of my battery. I've also set my email to only synch manually.

I'm at a loss. I'm thinking its a software issue. I've had a battery go bad on my iphone 5 and it behaved differently. That one would die with 30%+ battery showing and stuff like that. So, I'm still searching for the fix. If I figure it out I'll post it here.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.