Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fingleburt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Hi,

I just received an iCloud reminder email from apple:

"This is a reminder that on 03/12/2014 you will be charged £7.49 for your 20 GB storage plan using your MasterCard. To change or cancel your storage plan, you can downgrade it from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.*
The iCloud Team"

I have over £96 Apple ID Balance, why are they charging my cc instead of my iTunes Store credit?

HipsterGG

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2013
You probably did set up your Apple ID with your MasterCard and you added the iTunes/AppStore funds later on. You can get it billed from your account funds by removing your MasterCard information.

MasterCard payment > Apple ID funds.

Apple does want everybody to have their creditcards attached to their Apple ID.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I have over £96 Apple ID Balance, why are they charging my cc instead of my iTunes Store credit?

Why would you expect iCloud to have any overlap with the iTunes Store?

A.
(yes, I know it is all Apple but having dealt with many companies with separate sub-entities, I would not expect them to all talk to each other - I do not even use the same Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes)

fingleburt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Thanks for the responses, the reason I would expect icloud to payment to be taken from my itunes credit is because everything is billed through apple. For instance if I buy an app from the App Store it's billed first from your available iTunes's credit any failing that from your credit card on file. If I make an in app purchase it does the same thing, available credit > credit card.

iCloud should be no different, when I upgraded last year to the 20gb plan payment was taken from my available itunes credit, not my credit card.

fingleburt

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
A little update, iCloud was billed today and used my "store credit", ie my itunes balance and not my credit card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.