Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TranscendInfo

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2014
Hello Everyone!
We're glad to announce that we've released our new 128GB JetDrive Lite 330. We've already shipped out some orders to our distributors and retailers, so keep an eye out in the coming days and weeks!

Transcend's JetDrive Lite 330 (64GB/128GB) is compatible with the 2012-2014 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Hello Everyone!
We're glad to announce that we've released our new 128GB JetDrive Lite 330. We've already shipped out some orders to our distributors and retailers, so keep an eye out in the coming days and weeks!

Transcend's JetDrive Lite 330 (64GB/128GB) is compatible with the 2012-2014 13" MacBook Pro with Retina display.

yeah just bought one on amazon. can't wait for it to arrive!
says 2-3 week backorder

conjureman

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2011
For those who have been asking whether these work in non-retina MacBook Pros, over the weekend I did some measuring then ordered the JetDrive Lite 130 for my 15-inch, early 2011 MBP. It fits and works perfectly. It also fits my 15-inch, mid 2012 MBP, and my wife's 13-inch, late 2011 MBP.

My pictures don't seem to work, but you can see the 130 in my MBP here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6479733?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited:

dailo

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2006
Has anyone opened one of these up? I am switching from a MBA to a MBP and now my drive doesn't fit. Wondering if the chip sizes were the same and could just shave down the plastic to fit since it's just too long.

VVakko

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
Hello Everyone!

Hi, TranscendInfo!

I recently bought JetDrive Lite 330 128GB for my rMBP Early-2013 and I have installed your JetDrive Toolbox.
I think that this utility is missing a few features:
1. The ability to disable the icon from the desktop;
2. Normal coexistence with the Dropbox folder on this flash drive;
3. Separation of functions of JetDrive and JetDrive Lite on two different programs;
4. Fixing of a bug when creating a folder TSSleepHandlerHelp in the root of "Macintosh HD";
5. The ability to move iTunes Library and MobileSync folder to the flash drive.

Didjt

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2010
South Coast UK
Help please!

I really would appreciate some assistance here, nervous about transferring photos from iPhoto to Transcend SD card to free up space on my internal ssd memory, any advice gratefully received.
Apologies to those that have helped in the past, I cannot locate the advice they kindly offered.
Thanks,
Doug

Asanga

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Bremen, Germany
re: Help please!

I really would appreciate some assistance here, nervous about transferring photos from iPhoto to Transcend SD card to free up space on my internal ssd memory, any advice gratefully received.
Apologies to those that have helped in the past, I cannot locate the advice they kindly offered.
Thanks,
Doug

Hello Doug,

Here's that post.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19210523/

Good luck.

Asanga

sqig

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2014
Jetdrive 350 128gb in MBA

I have accidentally purchased the wrong Jetdrive for my MacBook Air 13 inch April 2014. The Mac arrives later this week. Will it work or should I try and send it back to Amazon.
Thank you.

Asanga

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Bremen, Germany
After using one of these JetDriver SD cards since June, here are my experiences.

- Mac: Late 2010 MBA 13” with OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- JetDrive: Lite 130 128GB

1. When I plug-in my iOS devices to sync/backup with iTunes, a message appears saying that I had not ejected the JetDrive card properly before removing. It seems that there is a USB initialization when the iOS device is plugged in, which in turn does a forced eject of the JetDrive card and a remount (I think).

2. When I open the lid, sometimes I see that the JetDrive card is not mounted

3. I have moved my iPhoto library to the JetDrive card and has included it in the Time Machine backups. Sometimes, I see the Time Machine picking the whole iPhoto library (about 26 GB) for backup even though I know that I haven’t updated any single photo in the iPhoto library. This never happened when iPhoto library was on the SSD. Since my backups are done to a disk image on a remote server, sometimes this is very irritating.

I must say that even with these issues, I still like this card a lot because its so useful and sits very inconspicuously in the SD slot.

For the issues 1 and 3, I guess I’ll have to do a little more investigating to find solutions, if there are solutions at all, that is. For the issue 2, I have created a simple Apple script that is able to reload the JetDrive again without the physical removal and insertion.

If someone has suggestions, I’d love to hear.

Thanks,
Asanga

Asanga

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Bremen, Germany
I have accidentally purchased the wrong Jetdrive for my MacBook Air 13 inch April 2014. The Mac arrives later this week. Will it work or should I try and send it back to Amazon.
Thank you.

I think you should send it back and get the right one.

From what I have read, the cards meant for the other Macs have a different form factor. So, you may end up having a card that is either jotting out or being too short to reach the contacts. Jotting out cards are quite unsafe since it may damage not only the card, but also the Mac itself, for example when you slide it into/out of a case.

Good luck with your new Mac and the JetDrive card.

Asanga

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
After using one of these JetDriver SD cards since June, here are my experiences.

- Mac: Late 2010 MBA 13” with OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- JetDrive: Lite 130 128GB

1. When I plug-in my iOS devices to sync/backup with iTunes, a message appears saying that I had not ejected the JetDrive card properly before removing. It seems that there is a USB initialization when the iOS device is plugged in, which in turn does a forced eject of the JetDrive card and a remount (I think).

2. When I open the lid, sometimes I see that the JetDrive card is not mounted

I have neither of these problems on my rMBP but I also use NoSleep (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/37991/nosleep) on both Mavericks and Yosemite so maybe it's related to OSx and the power regulation of the USB ports.

Modernape

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Is it possible to locate the entire user folder on one of these with Filevault, and thus have a form of removable, two-factor authentication for all your data (inc. passwords on your keychain of course), where the JetDrive would be unreadable without the user password & your assigned hardware?

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
Morning,

I was just wondering how easy it would be to move my itunes library onto one of these? Are there any tutorials I could follow?

I'm looking to get one of the 256GB ones so I can leave the SSD for apps.

mafaky

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Morning,

I was just wondering how easy it would be to move my itunes library onto one of these? Are there any tutorials I could follow?

I'm looking to get one of the 256GB ones so I can leave the SSD for apps.

1) First pls. check if these Transcend Expansion Cards presently exist for your machine, for 256GB capacity. There seems to be a few of them, for some Mac models but probably for not all models. 128/64GB versions exist for almost all Mac models, though...

2) Well I'm not 100% sure for the below (and would appreciate if somebody else with actual practice confirms me or not...) but AFAIK:
you cannot remove the complete iTunes App or part of it (i.e. the iTunes Media folder where the purchased and/or imported music/video data/etc. are being stored) to an external storage media (like an external HDD, USB Flash disk or the kind of expansion card you plan to purchase or its alternatives in the form of discrete microSDXC card in an adapters...) and use that external folder to playback music , etc. on your Mac. Yes, of course, you can copy that folder under the iTunes (in your Mac) for back-up purposes, but not for playback and similar action.

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Jump to year 2021.

Mac Book Pro with SD slot.

How out of date are these Transcent JetDrive low profile SD storage cards?

There will be a resurgence of sales of these - but so far I do not see any retailers with large capacity storage.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Jump to year 2021.

Mac Book Pro with SD slot.

How out of date are these Transcent JetDrive low profile SD storage cards?

There will be a resurgence of sales of these - but so far I do not see any retailers with large capacity storage.
Useless, speed willl be slow motion compared to internal SSD. Also if you want to disappear, Trascend must do a new model for those new MacBook Pros.

Matthew.H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2015
Norwich, UK
Hopefully we'll see some microSD card adaptors made for the new 2021 Macbook Pros. Would be handy for extra storage when you don't need fast read/write speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.