Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

I created a new Boot Camp partition with Windows 7 Ultimate on my MacBook Pro (i7, 2.8 Ghz, 750 GB HD) running Mavericks 10.9.5. The 2 disks were about 70 GB (Mac side) and 680 GB (Windows side). I wanted to create an extra, data partition and created it after having installed Windows. I used iPartition to do this and resized the Windows partition to about 90 GB and created an empty partition and formatted it with iPartition as Microsoft NTFS.

1qmxcn.jpg

Now, when I boot into Windows I cannot see the empty data partition:

350tf8z.jpg

but it's visible and mounted when I boot into Mac side.

I tried to to create new volume on empty space with Windows Disk management but got this warning and canceled that operation fearing that that would mess up the booting into Mac or Windows or both:

2556g4y.jpg

What is the solution? How can I get that empty partition visible in Windows?

Thanks in advance for any help.

mr108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
In addition to what I mentioned above I cannot use the chckdsk in Windows. When the black screen opens after the restart in order to run the chckdsk it stalls when the count down reaches the 1 second, e.g when the sentence reads: " To skip disk checking press any key within 1 second(s).". Then nothing happens and I have to press the power button to restart.

Also it's not possible to reboot into Safe Mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.