Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttate90303

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
California
I couldn't release my foot from the clip and so went over. There wasn't that many people and I think the fact the video has been sped up to double speed makes it look like a bit careless. There was no audio.

----------

Bingo. It's very strange when you realise you've lost it and accept that you are going to fall. Funny and embarrassing.

----------

Cheers, yes it was unexpected for me too.

Yeah this happens to us all. And really only when you come to a stop and then realize you can't get out of the flipping pedals at the last minute. It's what I call my "old man awwww *****" fall over. Stay safe out there.

----------

Here's my brand new Pashley Parabike! I just picked it up this evening, and I've ridden a grand total of 2 miles, mostly uphill. 1st gear is just about low enough, I only had to stand on the steepest section, and I got into 2nd (out of 5) on a brief flat section. I can't see myself ever needing 5th - what's your opinion on changing the sprockets?

It's going to be parked here, a keypad secured bike shed attached to my housing scheme. The house itself is too small to park anything other than my Brompton. Is there likely to be any problem with this vertical storage? (I've never seen another bike here, so I could probably just park it sideways) Will the oil and grease stay where it should? Will the Brooks saddle deform? Speaking of which, never having owned a leather saddle before, what do I need to know about caring for it?

Maintenance on the Brooks is fairly simple - keep it clean, use a leather conditioner and try to avoid getting it too wet due to rain. And lock it down or use a quick release to take it with you since they are prone to being stolen. Other than that, ride and break it in. I have the B190 on my Electra Cruiser 1 and love it.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Just got her a few days ago. I'm waiting for my clip ins to come.

IMG_1660.jpg

Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
I didn't need a new bike but had a feeling that I wanted a road bike.

Cube Agree GTC Pro

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412669674.139120.jpg

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Ox4ePON.png

N+1 right? Did I need another bike? Nope. Been looking for one though just because. I couldn't pass this one up when I came across it.

2009 Jamis Sonik
Carbon fork w/ carbon steerer - stock
American Classic 420 Aero track wheels - stock
Carbon seatpost - stock
FSA carbon Pro Track crankset 49:15 - stock

Added -
Shimano Sora front brake
All City CX brake lever
Easton EC90 stem
Bontrager Race Pursuit bullhorns
Specialized Avatar saddle
Shimano M520 SPD pedals

Previous owner only rode it on a track. I have only ridden it on the road. I have commuted to work on this bike and ride it in group fun rides. It is light and really fast!

doom102938

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Nice steed, in the pict your seat looks tilted up, are you comfortable that way? When I even spin on exercise bike I need to have seat level, tilted up seat = hurt to junk

Thanks! I don't ride with my seat tilted up as such an angle. This picture was taken when I'd just gotten it from the bike shop and haven't gotten around to tuning it ;) It is now a little more beat up as it is about 3 years old.

Cheers!

Last edited:

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Thanks! I don't ride with my seat tilted up as such an angle. This picture was taken when I'd just gotten it from the bike shop and haven't gotten around to tuning it ;) It is now a little more beat up as it is about 3 years old.

Cheers!

Cool - I'm getting a RH hip replacement next week, then doing the re-hab thing.
Related to bikes it's a good "excuse" to get a nice 29" dual susp come spring 2015 .... so I'll be posting that picture here then....

My 12 year old daughter out-grew her 24" MTB bike, so she will get as a hand-me-down my 1998 26" Litespeed bike....full XTR, frt shock replaced twice, last time in 2008, all gear rings and cog replaced 4 years ago.
For a hardtail it still holds it's own.
_MG_1055%2520-%2520Version%25202.jpg

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
I bought this Giant TCR Team Once last year second-hand. I believe it is about 11 years old now. It's a great bike. It has 18 speeds and Shimano Ultegra gears and Campagnola brakes. Frame is ALU and forks and seat post Carbon Fibre. Tyres are Continental LOL. I put anti-puncture tape inside them and it works quite well! It's great for zooming down to the temple twice a week (30Km) along Avenida das Américas, here in Rio de Janeiro. I love the colour and one of the best things is that it is not black! Black's OK for details but as a principal colour, well I do not like it at all. It is not even a colour! It just drains everything. Black is the colour of the mode of ignorance. Yellow is mode of goodness, of light, of love, of happiness, of everything that is good in this world! LOL

63516_10200364264383324_1599476829_n.jpg

photo.php

558066_10200364264663331_901999792_n.jpg

539588_10200364264863336_1758217314_n.jpg

483579_10200364264943338_1757293002_n.jpg

diegie

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2014
fiets.jpg

fiets2.jpg

This summer I custom made my bike in the colors of my company. I'm pretty proud of the result :)

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
New ride. Loving the Dura-Ace di2.

That is very very nice! :cool:

And this is my 54cm Cervelo P5 (UCI spec) almost finished. I have only got to change the cranks over to SRAM - as the Ultegra ones on this won't work at all, they are literally just sitting in there for the photos.

This one has Ultegra Di2 that I've borrowed off another frame, wheels I already had, chain I already had. Cranks, bottom bracket, brakes, aerobar shifters and saddle were the bits I needed to buy.

Many thanks to Team Garmin-Sharp for their assistance with this and especially Pave The Way Bike Fitters.

Last edited:

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Took my new Fatboy out for a ride in the snow today. First ride on it and first ride in the snow.

I've never named a bike before, but I've decided to name this tubby guy Ragnar :cool:

bikey.jpg

Just need to find some purple bars and i'll be set. I wish I could find turquoise bars, but anything turquoise in terms of bike stuff seems to be few and far between.

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
Took my new Fatboy out for a ride in the snow today. First ride on it and first ride in the snow.
I have been looking at the Specialized Fatboy too but the problem is that there is no shop near me that sells it or any other Fatbike so it is impossible for me to try one out before order, my worry is that they are to heavy and require to much effort to pedal. What do you think so far, not that big of an issue if a person is somewhat in shape?

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
I have been looking at the Specialized Fatboy too but the problem is that there is no shop near me that sells it or any other Fatbike so it is impossible for me to try one out before order, my worry is that they are to heavy and require to much effort to pedal. What do you think so far, not that big of an issue if a person is somewhat in shape?

Well.. it is heavier than most other bikes, for sure.

I've mostly rode hybrids (sometimes a road bike) before I got a fat bike. Riding the fat bike is harder. The bigger tires and heavier bike do make you put in more effort. Also, you're generally riding with lower air pressure, which makes it even harder to pedal.

What I found is that I just got used to it. And if I knew I was going to be doing mostly pavement riding, I put more air in the tires, which helped tremendously.

After the first couple rides, I never felt like I was lagging. If I raced myself on both bikes, i'm positive i'd win on a hybrid. But the fat bike is more enjoyable to me.

Before this, I had a Mukluk, which was heavier, so i'm mostly speaking from experience on that bike. If you end up buying a new Fatboy, it'll be lighter (but with wider tires).

My Mukluk had 3.8" tires and my Fatboy has 4.6" tires. That makes a difference as well. I will probably end up putting smaller tires on in the summer.

I can keep going on and on haha.. there are a lot of variables.

It really sucks that you can't ride one before you buy one. Maybe try finding a bike forum for your area and get in touch with someone who may have one to see if someone will let you take it for a spin, so you can decide.

I think it's great. I bought a Specialized hybrid after I got my Mukluk and I still rode my Mukluk 95% of the time. But you may have a different experience.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
Not a great pic but anyway:
1517460_10152938159326257_3357422364325087623_n.jpg

GT Avalanche Sport 2015 650b

My first bike in a LONG time. Had it since a few months ago, an early christmas present from my parents. My fitness level has improved rather dramatically since getting it! Helps that I live at the top of a big hill.

Anyway it's nothing too special, (as far as I know anyway!) but I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.